were YOU formula fed or breastfed?

if you know, which one did your mother give you as a baby?

and did it affect what you chose to give your children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• I was breastfed. No, that was not something that I took into consideration when I decided what I was going to do for my children. It's likely that it would have been more of a factor had I known my mother better, but I was only 5 the last time I saw her and she has since passed away. If she had been in my life when I was pregnant and had my first that may have been one of the things we talked about and I would have asked her opinion on that. I still would have gone with what I thought was best though either way.
    Anonymous

• breast fed for 4 months, then formula fed. i tried to BF my son but i had a very low supply and had to pump and i couldnt keep up with pumping so i stopped after 2 weeks
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 8:56 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• My mom wanted to breast feed me until I was 2 but I weened myself at 4 months, so she gave me milk/formula after that. It did effect how I fed my children in that I knew breast feeding was best but I was not distraught when I was only able to do it for a few months before I had to switch over to formula.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 9:00 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I had to have surgery on my esophagus the day after I was born, so I was formula fed. Enfamil, I think. I BF my baby until my supply practically disappeared. I still think it's because of my damn Mirena. Oh well, as long as she's happy and healthy, I'll be ok with her getting formula (Good Start but it's making her gassy).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Mrs.BAT I have a baby so constipated that I'd take her being gassy to that any day!!! lol

My mom tried to BF me but was very discouraged and had a man peeking at her who was visiting the woman in the next bed. After that she was done, bring me a bottle! lol
    I didn't take that into consideration when I decided to BF my kids. I just always assumed I would. Thankfull I'm able to and it works for us!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I was formula fed. I breastfed my dd for about 3 months, but it had nothing to do with how my mother did things, I just wanted to bf, but it didn't work out as I planned.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Formula fed, and now I have dental fluorosis because of the tap water.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• formula fed. i bf my first for 6m, but my second was mostly bottle fed after 3 months
    kelinnh

Answer by kelinnh at 9:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I don't know how my mom fed me, she had a nervous breakdown when I was a month old. I don't know that my mom's choices affected my breastfeeding choice. But I did make all my decisions based on the opposite of what my mom did as long as I can remember.
    peachqpti

Answer by peachqpti at 9:17 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Formula Fed ...

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:25 PM on Jan. 9, 2009