Braxton Hicks/Labor pains

I am 33 weeks pregnant and I have been having strong Braxton Hicks for about 2 weeks. The past few days I have had a few that have got my attention (meaning they were really uncomfortable). Could that be signs of contractions. I do go to the doc on Monday and will ask them, but just curious.

JD08

Asked by JD08 at 9:06 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The whole thing about Braxton-Hicks not hurting is complete BS. If they've gone away, I wouldn't be concerned, but definitely tell your doc!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 9:17 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• as long as they are irregualr you shouldnt worry to much, your body is just getting ready for labor, and like KatieCrandall said it is complete bs cause mine can hurt pretty bad sometimes.
    Anonymous

• Thank you ladies! My OB said that BH are completely painless, which I thought she was crazy. Thank you!
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i had painful contractions but they were irregular so i didnt worry..if it concerns your call your ob.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:13 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• 'you'
    tnteaton