Can I apologize?

Thank you to all the moms who answered good or bad to the B***H ? I asked earlier and I would like to apologize for the content of it. I'm sure it upset some moms and for that I am sorry as that was not my intention. I didn't take any of the answers as bashing, but more of opinions. But I would like to apologize for the content and language of the question itself.

LovingParent08

Asked by LovingParent08 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• I am coming to this late, so I went back to see what you are talking about. I can say I have lost my cool, and said things I probably shouldn't have, or done things that aren't right. I am not proud, but some of the things people said were cruel. I guarantee that every parent has at one time or another done something they regret, and isn't thier proudest moment. Hell I almost got arrested defending my kids and friends kids at a park who were being bullied by another set of kids and thier mother. I wasn't proud and it takes a lot to push me to my anger point but when I am there, kitty bar the door. SO in my opinion don't feel bad and the next time you feel that anger building up turn around and walk away.

P.S. I only know the second part of the story so I am not sure what led up to it.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 9:35 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• We took my son to his counseling appt. and b/c we didn't have a sitter for our girls, we had to take them with us and were with his counselor a little longer than expected. While my kids were in the waiting area, they got a little rowdy and another parent spoke to them very rudely. As we were leaving, my kids pointed her out and I asked her why she spoke to them the way she did. She said my son was being very disrespectful and looked at him angrily as she walked by and was saying this to him. I asked her twice if it was towards and she said in general, he was being very disrespectful. Then she said, "I thought I was doing you a favor". I said, "Doing me a favor, I don't need you to do me any favors" and that she could have found someone to come get us so that we could have taken care of it. But when she said that, "That's why your son's messed up", that's what took me over the edge.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 9:44 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• that was cool that you could do that.I have no idea what happened but that was awesome to be able to say that.
    Anonymous

• Anon949, ty but to be totally honest, you might not say that if you read the original post. And I'm not trying to be rude, but I'd rather not get a positive answer if the ? I asked didn't deserve one. Does that make sense?
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 9:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• You asked how would other mothers respond in a similar situation: I would have asked her if she was being disrupted by my child. Then I would say I'm sorry that she feels disrupted. That doesn't mean that I agree with her or that I am saying my child is being disrupted. Only that I am sorry she thinks and feels he is. Then I would just let it go. The reason being that I am my child's role model in life. But you already acknowledged that you knew you probably should not have done that or said those specific things to your child. No judgements. The real question is: would you do it the same way all over again or would you do something different? But no need to aplogize for the content of your other posts. Its not like this is a message boards for saints - God knows.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I think that you need to apologize to your kids, and talk to them about how you were wrong, even if that other lady was wrong too. I would also offer an apology to the doctors office, and if you ever see her again, yes, be the bigger person and apologize to her. But I wouldn't waste time tracking her down or anything.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 10:24 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I understand how you were upest. I haven't gone quite as far as what you said happened, but I've defineitly had my moments.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• One day when I picked my girls up at school they asked if they could pet a dog that was waiting for the owner to come back with her kids (no dogs are allowed on school property). I've seen this dog many times & he's very docile. I told the kids it'd be fine, but be careful. Well this witch comes up & in this annoying sing song voice tells my kids "no, no don't touch the doggy. That's dangerous." I said, "excuse me, I just told them it's fine so why are you going against what I, their mother, was telling them? Are you their mom? No you're not, so butt the hell out!"

(cont)
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:29 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• (cont)

She said she was trying to be helpful. I told her she should find out what the situation was before butting in. I told her we knew the dog & I saw no problem with it. She was just like "oh, so sorry." But the way she said everything was so demeaning. I wanted to slap the little witch! The worst part was she talked to my kids like they were toddlers when they are in 1st, 2nd and 5th grade! Grrr...I get upset when other parents try to "help" by disciplining my kids. It just rubs me the wrong way.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• But, with that being said, you should sit sown with your kids and apologize and explain that you got upset and lost your temper and that it was wrong. I did that with the dog incident, but I never apologized to that lady. She was kind of a snob...

Apologizing to the dr office would be a good idea too. They understand that people have bad days. I saw stuff like that quite often as a receptionist in a medical office. People have bad days and move on.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2009