Positive blood test nothing on u/s and some bleeding.

On Jan 4th, I took 2 home pregnancy tests and they both came up positive. On Jan 5th I had a blood test done and on the 6th it came back positive. Later on the 6th I started spotted I was to concerned but as the day went on it started getting a little heavier and brighter red plus I was having mild cramping. I went the the ER they told me I was pregnant but my hcg levels were really low only 37. They did an internal ultrasound and found nothing. The doctor told me either I was really early pregnant or I was having amiscarriage but couldn't say for sure which. I went back to the doctor on the 8th. The doctor told me that the hormone levels hadn't changed they didn't go up or down. The internal u/s she did still showed nothing but she said the good thin was there wasn't any fluid outside my uterus which could show to be an ectopic pregnancy. Also, she said I am not actively bleeding and my cervix is closed.......

AbesMom23

Asked by AbesMom23 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• She told me the same thing the er dr said either early pregnant or miscarried. Today the 9th I have almost completely stopped bleeding and the bleeding was always less then my normal period I did have 2 small clots but no tissue and and small clots are normal for me during my period. I go back on Monday the 12th to get my hcg done again and another u/s. Any thoughts. I just don't know what to think Also I had just minor cramps on the 6th but no pain since then.

Here is the rest of my question.
    AbesMom23

Answer by AbesMom23 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I have had my share of .... "complications"... I have been preg 6 times only resulting in two births. I have also worked at an OBGYN office. It is honestly hard to say. If they are not seeing anything and your betas have not moved at all, it unfortunately does not sound good. Your beta levels should double every day. My problem was normally my betas were not rising appropriately that made red flags go up in my pregnancies. Dont get me wrong though, some women have been know to have screwed up beta levels and still have healthy babies.
    Justice828

Answer by Justice828 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• More of my answer LOL

I only experienced two full miscarriages. I had to have surgery for the other two. One i didnt even know I was preg and I started gushing blood like no tomorrow. The other started out as very light pink spotting and obviously progressed slightly, with cramping just for a few hours and a clot. Everyone is different, and sometimes we are preg but before we know it we miscarry and "mistake" it for a heavier or more abnormal period that normal. I hope this helps a little. If you need to chat more email me. Good luck
    Justice828

Answer by Justice828 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I did the same thing with this baby, and I did it for the 1st 3 months. ER couldn't figure out why I was bleeding, but at my 4th month it stop.d and Im now 9 months
    iheartkewi

Answer by iheartkewi at 9:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• You probably had a chemical pregnancy
    Anonymous