How do you deal with a cheating friend?

A friend of mine is cheating on her DH. Her DH is currently in Iraq dodging bullets while she's banging a soldier from his unit. She can't understand why I'm so angry with her. Am I outta line?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• well considering you aren't married to her, I don't think it's your place to be angry with her. disappointed maybe, if you thought she was better than that, but not angry.
    Anonymous

• i agree with anon, i would turn the other cheek. she'll get hers
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:19 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Absolutely not. I wouldn't even be involved with her anymore.
    kmgehweiler

Answer by kmgehweiler at 9:20 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I understand your disappointment in your friend. I would be very disappointed too. But it's not your place to say anything about it. You can tell her that you are disappointed in her actions, but that's about it. If you don't like what she's doing, which I wouldn't either, just stay away from her. Tell her that you lost all respect for her and you can't be her friend anymore.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:24 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I would be disappointed but I would have to stay out of it since I am not part of that marriage. She will get whats coming to her.
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 9:27 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• When my DH was in the Army a good friend of mine started running around on her DH. I broke ties with her, I couldn't stand what she was doing. She also changed, became a person I didn't want to know. I'd try tell her that you disapprove and then decide whether you want to remain her friend.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• noone is perfect....she chooses that for herself, and this relationship between her and her husband, and you are her friend so perhaps should be more supportive!
    dont' judge people, sometimes there is more to the story.......
    thecat3

Answer by thecat3 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• You know, I would just make sure she knows you won't lie for her. That her choices and consequences aren't your burden. I agree with Feesharose too - if you just can't tolerate it, end the friendship and move on.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 10:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Personally, I couldn't be friends with someone who would do that. I would break ties with her, and if she asked, tell her why. But I wouldn't get involved any further than that. That's just what I would do.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 11:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• She's not cheating on you. Why should you be angry?
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:55 AM on Jan. 10, 2009