When is it enough???

Thank you all for praying for my 12 yr old DD with epilepsy. We saw the peds neurologist today (again) and have another plan with her meds.....hoping it helps. We are going to take her off the Valium (again) but going back to using Melatonin. I like the Melatonin. I have used it before and it is all natural w/no side effects. So, keep praying! We are also going in on the 22nd for a 24 hr EEG. She's done this b/4 so she's not nervous about it. I think that this is good, b/c she hasn't had one in over 4 yrs. I just wish that she didn't have to go through all this.

~*CONT'D*~

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Kids' Health

• thanks for the update on you and your family ,i went and prayed at church today and will continue to do so.i am so sorry to here about your pain i too have fibromyalgia and that alone is just too much to handle but i know that we will be just fine with the lord by our side.god bless you & your family.my deepest sympathy to your father and the rest of the family.
    summie321

Answer by summie321 at 11:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• ~*CONT'D*~

That said, I have found out that my pain is due to having fibromyalgia, my dad's sister died on Monday and he flew out to the funeral in CO. The 1st plane took off and had to turn around and return to the airport after being in the air for 10 minutes due to a serious engine problem. My SO's cousin got hit by a drunk driver on Tuesday night and totaled her truck. Not sure how much more I can take...
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• wow I'm so sorry for all that is happening in your life right now. The only comfort I find is that God will give me the strength to get through the situation and that he wouldn't let the devil put upon me what I can't bear.
    I hope this new year starts to look up for you!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I'm so sorry that your so overwhelmed right now.. take a few moments to slow down tonight and process what is happening. It will be hard, but you will be able to make it through, and you will be stronger for it. If the meds don't work, you will find something that does (I already suggested the ketogenic diet, right?) and your daughter will be stronger for what she has endured as well. Your family will become closer because of the obstacles they face, and in time this will all be just a memory. Best of luck, I hope you feel some peace soon and that things work out well for you and your family.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i completely understand what your going through, in the summer of 07 i had two grandparents (hus. and wife.), who i had lived with my whole life die, with in a month of each other, an aunt, two close family friends also died. this oct. my uncle also passed away and my mom might have cancer now too. so i totally know how it feels. it will get better. that's all i can tell you. if you need someone to talk so, just send me a message. i find that it helps sometimes to talk to someone who is completely uninvolved.
    Lindsey624

Answer by Lindsey624 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Thank you all so much! You are lifting my spirits already! It helps just to share....thanks again!you rock

Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:43 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• When it rains it pours. And it sounds like you have a storm right now. I am very sorry you are having such storm right now in your life. My son went through an EEG and it is not fun to have all those wires sticking to your head and having to sleep in such contribed situations. My heart goes out to her. I bet hearing about Jett Travolta also broke your heart and possibly made you fear more for your child's safety and health. All we can do is hang is hang in there. Best wishes.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:44 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• My heart goes out to your duaghter, I know how rough this all can be! My daughter started having seizures when she was 2 weeks old! All the testing and switching meds... She's now 9yrs old and seizure free and no meds needed!
    AnnaIam

Answer by AnnaIam at 1:30 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Post was too long so had to put it in 2... I always worry it will come back! It's just weird that they can outgrow this? Some kids do when they start at such a young age.... And I mean I know it's true becuase i too had seizures from age 1 - 7, yet my drs told my parents I was throwing tantrums so I went un medicated for it. Even when I started salvating at the mouth and wetting my paints during the seizure's the drs told my parents I must have seen someone have a seizure and I was getting more dramtic!! LOL WHAT R U KIDDING ME??? I'm seizing but I know what I'm doing??? LOL My dad did too as a child! So did my half sister!
    Hope a lil humour here can help lift some spirits for you!
    You and your family are in my thought's and prayers!
    AnnaIam

• my 7yr old has epilespy (petite mal seziures), so i can only begin to imagine what you're going through! i think i would have a complete meltdown if my ds had the grand mal sizures like your dd
    i am so sorry for you going through this right now, it will get better, momma. you're a lot stronger then you think you are, and you can get through this!
    lots of love, hugs and support! (and prayers!)
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 6:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2009