How do you get rid of gas trapped in the belly? TMI probally but it hurts!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Health

• beano might help
    wait for nature to take it's course unfortunately. nothing really to do for it.

maybe try standing on your head to see if travels out faster that way ;o) LOL j/k on that one.
    Anonymous

• Try laying on your stomach and rolling. Sometimes that helps.
    Anonymous

• Wait till you're alone and lay on the bed on your stomach with your knees to your chest and your butt in the air. The effects won't sound very pleasant but it'll help. I did this during the last trimester of my pregnancy when my husband was at work. To this day he still has no idea why I rushed him out of the house in the morning, lol.
    mambearwhitt4

Answer by mambearwhitt4 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• try a warm bath, walk around to get it moving, lie down on your left side (descending bowel) good luck!
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 10:15 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• This happens every other day with me. It usually happens because I ate something with dairy in it or hydronated soybean oil...anyhow, I take one prune or drink prune juice ( I like the prune better) and wait. I also go for a walk and keep busy. Then before I know it, the gas leaves and I feel better. I also make sure I drink plenty of water too. To avoid it, I try to avoid dairy and the oil. I also take an anti-acid pill ( OTC) before every meal. I have a hernia in my stomach, so gas pressure is not uncommon for me. Take the anti-acid pill after helps too. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• drink some peppermint tea, works everytime
    angelmomma2

Answer by angelmomma2 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 10, 2009