Does it make you sad?

Whenever I see a request for prayer for a special person in the lives of my fellow CafeMoms and there is but one or two or just a few responses; it make me sad. It makes me even more sad when I see someone respond with disdain and/or hateful remarks. I sincerely believe that a request for "Prayer" is a very sincere request for us to 'remember' that person.... which ever way we each practice it or whatever word we use for it. If you believe in prayer or positive vibes.... it makes no difference.... calling the name of a person in need to the 'power' you believe can hear is always a good thing...isn't it?

PaceMyself

Asked by PaceMyself at 9:25 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Its hard for me to believe that if someone requests prayer from all gods or good vibes that My God Jehovah will find glory when I lift up that person who asks from all gods. I'm just wondering really. I would first pray that this person come to know Him personally. My God is a jealous God.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 12:05 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• what makes you think people can't read the request and pray but not feel the need to announce that they prayed?
    Anonymous

• Holy crap, I was just thinking this like a minute ago. lol. I noticed that too.
    Anonymous

• It makes me sad to.
    Anonymous

• If I see those I will usually tell the person I will keep them in my thoughts (and I do), but I agree that it upsets me when I see someone respond with disdain.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Well, I can only speak for myself. I skip those posts or just don't reply when I do read them... I am not christian and after recieving a number of nasty and hateful comments and PMs because I told one woman I would light a candle for her (I'm pagan and most know it) I just quit replying. So I figure I'm not the only one. The number of replys doesn't reflect the thoughts and prayers and what not that person is getting...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• You're right Sabrina. I realize that the number of posts (or responses) is not necessarily reflective of the number of thoughts and prayers..... but still it is sad that meanness and rude people can keep us from communicating our human concern and empathy. And that's my only point....that it's sad.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:00 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I'm a witch and would willingly light a candle and do an incantation for their healing or well-being, but most of them seem horrified by that. So I just ignore such requests, knowing they don't want me doing my kind of "prayer". And there's no point in offering.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I dont always respond to those but it doesnt mean I dont put out some healing or positive energy to that person in need.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 11:31 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Sabrina that's odd because my grandmother would always light a white candle for the deceased and pray for them to enter Heaven. She was Catholic. Don't get why that would offend someone to be honest.

I send good vibes. If they don't like that well then hey at least the person in need is getting something out of it.

The same goes for me, when someone says "oh I will prayer for you." I always say "well thank you for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers." Even though I don't believe the thought counts.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:38 AM on Jan. 10, 2009