Swim diaper HELP NEEDED!!!

My 20 m.o. girl always pees through her swim diaper! I'm buying the right size and have tried several brands. Anyone else have this problem or know of a remedy to try? HELP!!!

Asked by thedixongang at 3:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I got huggies swim diapers and also put anotherr cloth swim diaper on just in case a poopie would occur. (LOL) For some odd reason, that reminds me of a moive called caddyshack, when bill murray is in the pool and someone throws a snikers bar in the pool and everyone sees it and starts screaming and getting out the pool. LOL. That is why I decided to get the second swim diaper.

Answer by tropikanagirl at 2:16 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I have the same problem with my son. I think they are ment just for swimming to catch any #2's! I have started putting them on only right before swimming and changing him as soon as he gets out of the pool!

Answer by Alison1221 at 3:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• They are made to only hold in the poop so not to shut down the pools for an entire day! They are made to allow water (pee) through so they do not swell up like regular diapers!

Answer by Strssdmom72 at 3:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I put the swim diaper on right before my daughter gets in the pool. I make sure to get the diaper wet right away. Someone told me that helps and we've never had a problem with it leaking... it's wet with water, maybe urine as well, but I just tell myself it's the water :)

• Second answer is what I agree with. They all leak pee.....noot suppposed to leak poop.

Answer by Chris127 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Thanks SO MUCH Ladies!! I don't feel so bad now! I will try these tips out....and I guess I won't worry too much, as long as there's no poopie in the pool (or a candy bar LOL!)

Answer by thedixongang at 11:49 AM on Jun. 21, 2008