How do you handle food cravings?

Not pregnancy cravings, just your every day feel like eating because....

I'm trying to make healthier choices when I feel the cravings but was told that if you crave something eat a small amount of it and eat it slowly and that should take care of your craving.

I have no will power!!!!

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• im slowly doing away with the junk food in my house and replacing with healthier snacks i have no will power either so thats why im taking baby steps. i actually cant stand chips cause they are too salty and the the hostess cupcakes cause they are too sweet. i hope by summer i have a healthier meal plan in place there is NO way i can do a total jump over night i would go into withdrawls big time and be a total bitch lol. so far the snack cakes been replaced with whole grain blueberry crumble bread by sara lee and apples. and whole grain crackers , plain popcorn , and fresh veggies to replace chips now have to get away from the pop lol . i would just replace one food at a time its been working for me that way
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 10:50 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I crave frapuccinos like crazy.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I give in 99% of teh time lol
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I have heard that if you crave sweet things then you should eat fruit and that will kick the craving. For salty things, you guessed it vegetables. Also if you find yourself craving something, or you are hungry soon after you eat it means you are dehydrated, drink lots and lots of water.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 9:47 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i keep veggies cut up in little baggies in the fridge, that way when i go looking for something quick and easy to munch on, that is the quickest thing. if i crave something bad, i will have a little bit of it, and something good with it. like if i want chocolate, i will put a couple chocolate chips in my cereal or fruit or whatever i'm having for breakfast.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 9:47 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I eat what I crave.... then I return to my sanity and take back the calories from my next meal..... I have to let me have what I want.... otherwise I can't live with myself. LOL The best diet I was ever on was a non restrictive diet. I kept to my menu almost all the time... but I was allowed to let me have that thing that was going to make me bail if I didn't get it. I gave myself permission to have the ding-dongs and then I gave myself permission to go right back to my menu. It worked.... I didn't feel starved or denied.... and I learned to eat less and less of the 'bad stuff' by realizing that I'm not super-human-diet-lady.... Lost 42lbs.... have kept it off for 7 years.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Hey and you know what else? There is a diet called the Metabolic Typing Diet, it works with your specific metabolism. I have done it before and felt great. Also I never really had any cravings while I was on it because I was giving my body what it needed.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 9:57 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I drink a full glass of water before I eat anything. It helps me feel full so I eat less. It also turns me off of eating heavy things, so I make better food choices over all.
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 10:47 PM on Jan. 9, 2009