• In the Spotlight:

Hubby planning trip I will actually have to plan myself

So my birthday is in a few weeks. I have a baby who has massive colic and special needs and has never spent a night away from home. We hardly ever get a break from him as family members have a hard time watching him. So my husband booked a hotel 6 hours away round trip (keep in mind the roads are icy where I live and our vehicle needs $500 in repairs) as a birthday present "for me". I told him I don't want to go. I don't feel comfortable being that far away from son and I'll be the one who has to pack everyone's bag, get everyone where they need to be then unpack everyones things and its all alot of work and worry for me. He got pissed at me and stormed out. I still havent told him I have to finish up some tests to confirm or rule out cancer and I'm scheduled for surgery in the next few weeks. Am I being selfish?

humaniterian87

Asked by humaniterian87 at 9:39 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• no not all but you need to tell him the whole story
    Anonymous

• girl no...that's all I can say. Its not a break for you...and its not something you can do right now...don't know what to tell him but to pull himself back together and quit storming out on you.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i dont think you're being selfish, hes just being a baby. i think he really wanted the trip. but you should really tell him about the surgery
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Not at all! You need to sit him down and explain about the surgery and tests. But I can relate as far as the planning. My DH "plans" things and then I end up doing all the work!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:33 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Yes you are being selfish because you are not coming clean with your dh. If you would have told him everything that was going on before he even made plans then he probably wouldn't have stormed out on you. I think that you need to come clean with him and then explain that it wouldn't be a vacation because of your worries about your child. All in all he is trying to do something for you and is now hurt that you simply refuse to acknowledge his gift.
    ilovemyboys2

Answer by ilovemyboys2 at 7:50 AM on Jan. 10, 2009