Am I a bad mom

my daughter is 6 1/2 months old. we are moving and we are having to down size on our rooms. Were going from a 2 br to a 1 br. We can't afford the 2 br and want to save alittle bit of money. One of my friends are telling me that were stupid to not spend the extra 50-100 dollars for another room. I feel bad. She sleeps in her bed in her room will there be problems with her being in mine? Our lease is for a year. Please tell me if you think it's stupid of me or not.

MadeylnsMom

Asked by MadeylnsMom at 9:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, you need to do what you can afford. Who cares what she thinks.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I think it would be stupid if your daughter had her own room and but no formula in her bottle. Or clothes on her back. Your friend doesn't know what your financial situation is and $50-$100 a month for a year is ALOT of money! You may find your daughter sleeps better sharing a room with you. It will just make intimacy a little harder. I see nothing wrong with sacrificing space to make smart financial decisions. Tell your friend to read total money makeover by dave ramsey. Besides your daughter will never remember sharing a room with yuo anyways.
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 9:46 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i slept in the same bed as my son when he learned how to flip himself out of his crib at 14 months and i couldn't get another bed because i couldn't afford it. there is nothing wrong with having your baby share your room with you and your husband. times are tough and why bother making them tougher when you have already come up with a solution.
    Lindsey624

Answer by Lindsey624 at 9:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• No, actually, I think it makes you a better mom to keep her close to you at night.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 9:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• You're not a bad mother for wanting to save money to ensure that your daughter is taken care of. The one thing I've learned about being a mom is that everyone else has plenty to say on every single decision you make! The worst thing about having your baby in your room, in my opinion, is that it cuts back on time you get alone with your man! And look on the bright side, no wandering down a hallway half asleep if the baby wakes up at night!
    mambearwhitt4

Answer by mambearwhitt4 at 9:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i think it will be fine..at least you'll have more money to get the things she needs or the things you want her to have.
    sara3308

Answer by sara3308 at 9:52 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• No, you do what is right for your family. And I totally no what its like to sacrifice something to save for something else. I have been there and am doing that now. And as far as sleeping goes, my kids sleep better in my room with me especially when my DH is working nights. So, my 9 month old sleeps in her playpen and my 2.5 year old sleeps with me. I really want them to stay in their own room, but I sometimes feel safer to have them in mine.

mommyuphold

Answer by mommyuphold at 9:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• While i dont agree with co-sleeping no you are not stupid for saving money to get on your feet!!! I agree with the above post it would be worse if she had no cloths or formula!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I'm having the same problem...moving into a one bedroom. Uhm...the way I'm handling it is to give him the room, and my SO and I will sleep in the living room. We decided this because we don't want to have to go to bed at the same time he does, and if we go in after he's asleep, we might wake him up. So...it's a little inconvenient in ways, but more convenient in others. I have a tight budget as well...50 extra dollars a month is sooo hard!!! So...Heck no you aren't wrong! You put a roof over her head. If that means she's in your room, then go for it! Just do what you gotta do to take care of you baby! Good luck!!!
    srenee1988

Answer by srenee1988 at 3:33 AM on Jan. 10, 2009