Proud to be white?

Now I don't want anyone to get me wrong I'm not a racist person but why is there groups on here where you can express your pride on being African American, hispanic, Asian, or whatever you may be but a white group would be racist? There is Black history month and Black entertainment tv but if white people were to express how proud we are about our race...we'd be racist. Why is that? Well I'm white, I'm proud, and no I'm not racist

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Have no clue. Maybe you should be the first to male a group.
    Anonymous

• make
    Anonymous

• I agree. I actually have a black friend who would also agree whole heartedly.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:50 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• it's a fun double standard isn't it? :) I'm very proud of my race - white. and I'm not racist either.
    everyone should be allowed to proud of who they are no matter what their race or nationality is.

heck arab immigrants aren't allowed to be proud of their heritage either or they are classified as terrorists, that isn't fair either!
    Anonymous

• I'm white and proud too. I think we should all be proud of who we are.

I don't think any race is superior to another. We are all the same...human.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• why post anon than no offence but how can you say your so proud and post anon

sunkist9

Answer by sunkist9 at 9:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• It's because we are supposed to be forever ashamed of what our ancestors did and carry the gulit even though none of us personally owned a slave or drove people from their homeland. Hang your head in shame for it's wrong to be proud if your not a minority.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I post all answers anonymously thank you. been harassed and "stalked" by too many moms on here with their panties in a was.
    Anonymous

• Because more than likely she will have some kind of rude remark.
    Anonymous

• i completely agree with you. i'm not racist at all. i don't care what anyone looks like. but everytime i stick up for a white person i become one in people eyes. it's wrong that people now can't even be proud of who they are. after everything that america has gone through with racial issues you would think people would learn something. but they haven't and anyone knows it.
    i also don't like that just because i'm white i get a disadvantage on things like how much grades matter, financial aid and scholarships for school. i'm a single mother and working hard to better the life of me and my child and i get passed over in admissions for people who have worse grades and are a minority just so they school can be diverse.
    Lindsey624

Answer by Lindsey624 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 9, 2009