33 but look 21, how can i change my hair and make up to make me look my age?

Hi everyone on here. I am 33 and have been told I look 21 or under 25. I have a 8 year old and everyone thinks I must have had her when I was a teenager. Anyhow, I have the opposite problem when I go out, I am not taken seriously because people think I am very young. I also run a business and trying to look my age. Any pointers? I wear suits and business outfits when I am out, so all I need is to look more my age with make up or a new hairstyle. Thanks! I know one day I will be happy that people think I am younger, but it not useful when running a business and I am asked when so and so will be here ( using my real name) and I say, "I am so and so. Oh, you do not look old enough. It is upsetting but I correct them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• why would u wanna look older, enjoy looking young it wont last forever and when u do look ur age u will want to look young again... trust me... but try dressing diff and maybe adding layers to ur hair....
    Anonymous

• I want to not look older, I want to look my age. If you ran a business you would want people to take you seriously and cannot when so many take for a "kid". Or so young. I never wore make up or did my hair with products..so that is why I am asking.
    Anonymous

• I totally understand! I'm 29 but people think I'm 18...some people think my SO is my dad. People don't take you seriously no matter what you say or do. And yes, that makes it extra hard when you're trying to start or run a business especially being a woman. I certainly don't want to look older but iI would like for people to take me a little more seriously in the business world. You can message me if you want and we can try to figure something out together. Hope you find a decent answer.
    majesticchild

Answer by majesticchild at 10:03 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Feel blessed!
    Catrin2009

Answer by Catrin2009 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Find a really good salon and talk to your stylist about it. Go dark if your hair is light. Instead of going for a trendy or natural look with your make-up, try for a classic one. Neutral tones on the eyes and mouth, and maybe a pair of glasses for business even if they have clear lens.

That's all I can think of really without seeing what you normally do.
    AesSedai

Answer by AesSedai at 3:07 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Be thankful. When you're 43 and people ask if your 17 year old son is your bf or your brother you will love it.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:32 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• What I did was layered my hair and professional glasses and dress real business like and come out to them very business like (when I know I need to- I am also in my mid 30's and get told I look anywhere from 18 to early/mid 20's) (I still look real young but that seems to help-plus my forever speech impediment-which makes my voice sound very very young does not help matters-but I am very used to it by now-since I was born with it-I forget I have it-someone said something about it the other day-and I just responded-oh I was born with it that-and they shut right up)
    lifeisajoy

Answer by lifeisajoy at 1:26 AM on Nov. 1, 2009