Anyone else lonely?

Ive finally admitted it to myself. I am so freaking lonely. My daughter is a 1 years old. Im a single mom of course and Im so lonely. I want to get married so bad. Im tired of reading about everybodies happy family and marriage. Im happy for them, I just want to be happy for myself. Im really jealous because I want what they have.
I really need a man.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• i totally understand, i'm a single mom of a 5 year old and it was really hard when he was younger. i thought that no one would ever want to be with me and all that stuff. all i can say to you is don't rush into anything just becuase you are lonely. i know it sucks now but it won't be any better to be in a relationship you don't really want to be in.
    Lindsey624

Answer by Lindsey624 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Wow. Um. do you want me to mail you my husband?
    I think it's funny because you think everyone is so happy and dandy in their marriages and your missing out. Marriage isn't like that. It's hard for everyone.
    I'm miserable and sick of being with him.
    He's a pain and I could deal much better without him.
    Anonymous

• Oh dear....... read the "Whats the rudest thing your husband has ever done or said to you?" question and you might feel lucky you are alone!! I know its hard but its better than being treated like crap!! Hold out for the one thats gonna treat you good for the long hall!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Aww I know how you feel. I wish I could find a nice man to settle down with. All I get is immature boys that cheat and lie on me every sec they can. I am so sick of bullshit, I want a legit man ya know. ):
    Morgan.

Answer by Morgan. at 10:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i agree with annon marriage is work ...hard work. at least when your single you dont have anyone to answer to, so if you want those new pair of shoes or something more costly you dont have to go to your hubby and say well what are your thoughts on this...that probably wasnt the best example but i think you know what i mean. marriage is give and take and meeting in the middle on most things. there is no I want to do this cause i can. you have to look out for the feelings and best interest of your hubby / bf...and you will meet your one true love soon. i read some where that you have to be ready as a whole ...meaning your mind soul and heart have to be aligned...hope that makes sense
    Anonymous

• I'm married and I'm lonely, it's not always what it's cracked up to be.
    Anonymous

• im married and im lonely too
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:22 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I would try to change your focus from getting married to being happy. If going out on a date is happy, let it be happy...if you're happy playing with your baby, let yourself be happy. If you get kind of serious with someone, let yourself be happy. When I stopped making marriage the goal, I found myself a lot happier.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I couldn't agree more kabbot01. You can't get with someone to fill a void, or to make you happy. You have to be happy with yourself before anyone else can be happy with you. And the others are right, just cause you're married doesn't mean you're not lonely. I've had times where I was in a houseful of people and been so lonely I was almost crying and that makes no sense really but it's what you allow yourself to feel. Get a hobby, find some new friends and the rest will fall in place. I'd suggest joining a single parent group for playdates to find something that will understand the love you have for your child because he'd have love for his too or he wouldn't be there with his.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:43 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I married my son's father because I thought I was lonely and needed someone. Now I feel I made a big mistake. You will only be happy if you can be happy with yourself and your life. Someone else might give that illusion of happiness for a year or two. But like me I discovered I needed to depend on myself to be happy. It is 15 years later and I wish I would have waited for the person that I realize now is the happiness with me. I was alone for three years and I really missing being alone now. Good luck, look inside yourself and find your own happines.
    cgoodye

Answer by cgoodye at 10:43 PM on Jan. 9, 2009