medicine

My 6 month old daughter has a double ear infection. The dr gave her augmentin and every time I try to give her the medicine she cries and spits it out. She normally doesn't have a problem taking medicine but for some reason hates this. Any suggestions??? :O)

MommytoBe987

Asked by MommytoBe987 at 10:03 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We ended up having to take our son back for the shot. Hes 2 and there was just no having it. I was so stressed because he wouldnt take so I finally called and the dr said that lots of kids are that way. He had 2 shots (on different days) and cleared right up. Good luck.
    ZakZaksmom

Answer by ZakZaksmom at 10:11 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• My daughter doesnt like taking tylenol sometimes. So put the medicine in a baby dropper, tilt your babys head back and give it to her. then she has to swallow it. Sure she does not like the taste but she wont get better if she dont take it.
    Morgan.

Answer by Morgan. at 10:09 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I agree with Morgan try a baby medicine dropper. My 2 yr old recently got her first ear infection and the doctor prescribed the liquid augmentin. The pharmacy gave us the medicine spoon but we ended up switching to the baby med dropper. After the first couple of doses giving it to her this way she was OK with the med. Another suggestion might be to ask the pharmacy what flavors they offer. Many of the pharmacy's can flavor the med different cherry, orange, grape, etc. Maybe your little one would be more open to a flavor they like better...You need to ask the pharmacy thou, since they normally will not offer this option without you asking.
    joeyzgerl

Answer by joeyzgerl at 10:20 PM on Jan. 9, 2009