My one year old swallowed a sharp peice of plastic.

It was part of one of the prongs of a plastic fork. Kind of small but relatively sharp. What should I do? I'll probably call the doctor tomorrow but, should I do something sooner?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Most likely it would work its way out. I've found out that when a child swallows something, even if you don't think its poison, you CAN call your state poison control center (should have a 24 hour 1-800 number) to find out if it is in any way dangerous. My neighbor's daughter broke a glass ball Christmas ornament at my house and licked her hands with the little shards of glass before we got to her and we called for that. They were very helpful and understanding (Oh and all was ok there, they said the little pieces would just work their way out naturally because intestines are very thick lined lol)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:49 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Call the dR now sheesh
    Anonymous

• yeah u should take him to the er it could cut the inner part of his throat...
    Anonymous

• lol some people
    Anonymous

• why dont u get off of cafe mom and get on the phone with the doc or hospital or take him to the er....it could cut his inside up and anyways if it get to far through his digestive track it will really hurt him....
    Anonymous

• I would call the doctor, or take to the ER IMMEDIATELY!
    Anonymous

• I would go to the ER.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 10:10 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• That's what ER is for.
    Anonymous

• Okay, rude and weird person. For your information I called my pediatrician who said I should not be concerned and that I should not take him to the ER.
    Anonymous

• You asked for opinions if you should do something sooner. Women responded with what they though you should do.

And you call THEM rude? You freaking asked!!!

I'm with them....the hell with the damn internet, you should have taken her in. Better safe than sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:05 AM on Jan. 10, 2009