How does a single mom of five children, one being newborn survive everyday?

I need advice on single parenting with five children.

Chellethinks

Asked by Chellethinks at 1:34 AM on Jul. 17, 2008 in General Parenting

• Parenting Advice, Parenting Resources: Talk About Parenting with ...
    Parenting is Serious Business. As a single parent of five children and foster parent to more than a dozen children, Shirlee Smith has worked hard to give ...
    www.talkaboutparenting.org/ -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:15 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• One day at a time Sounds like you have alot of love to give You are truly blessed!!! I's going to be hard for you but Worth every moment That the key to LIFE remembering is the hardest part
    bunco

Answer by bunco at 3:58 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• All I can offer you is what i have found works for me: I have to have a very structured day in order for me to keep my sanity. Schedule things so that you can put meals together during nap time so you can put them in a crock pot or oven. Older kids that no longer take naps can play quietly in their rooms, basement, yard or watch cartoons or whatever while the youngest ones sleep. Start at age 5 with teaching them to wash the plastic dishes, fold washclothes and towels and to put away their laundry. If you are lucky enough to get everyone asleep within half an hour, enjoy your victory with a hot bath, candles and relaxing music. Also, point reward systems work wonders while teaching kids responsibility. YOU ARE IN FINE COMPANY AS A SINGLE MOM.
    aliciatakescare

Answer by aliciatakescare at 4:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2008