• In the Spotlight:

Maybe TMI...Stomach Issues!

Ok, I apologize in advance but I need to find out if this is a big deal or not. Ever since my son was born I can't really eat certain dairy products. I don't breastfeed or anything like that. I just get really bad stomach pains and diarrhea if I eat ice cream or milk chocolate. I haven't noticed any problems with eating cheese but whenever I eat something sugary with dairy in it....watch out. Has anyone else noticed any dietary complaints after having their babies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Health

• I complained about the same thing to my OB after my son was born and his answer to me was that once you hit your 20's lactose intolerance becomes a greater issue. My biggest problem with it was I only had it right before my period and the rest of the month was fine.
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I had this same thing, but it was about 3 or 4 years after my son was born. When I got to be in my 20's. I dont think it has anything to do with babies, just your body.
    medmaster2006

Answer by medmaster2006 at 10:22 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Ughh. Thanks, guys. I tell my husband that I'm getting old all the time and he doesn't believe me-This is just proof, lol! I turn 21 in a few months, so I guess that makes sense.
    mambearwhitt4

Answer by mambearwhitt4 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• You have lactose intoleration. I have that too. I took all dairy out and all my problems went away. I am Asian and it more common for Asians because in my background, there are no dairy cows. Cheese and Cows milk is more common in America and other cultures. It is possible to have the intoleration in milk and not in cheese. I thought I was prego because along with my intoleration was vomiting and nausea.
    Anonymous