do you think its wrong for a woman to have an UNNESSECARY c-section?

they are seriuosly ppl wo have csections JUST BECAUSE THEY DONT WANT THE PAIN OF NATURAL CHIL BIRTH!! im sorry but this dumb imo.. what od you think

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 10:15 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• These moms seem misinformed or uninformed, mostly,  or putting their wishes first.  It seems like their priorities may be confused.   It isn't putting the BABY first.    This is unfortunate. Going into Motherhood, it's a time when women will learn many lessons about patience and priorities. ~~It starts in pregnancy.~~     So an unnecessary intervention for her convenience would be a selfish act.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:14 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i don't think its dumb. it is her body. her labor she can do what she wants. it's her life. who cares what other people does. you don't have to live with their consequences
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• while I see surgery as a moronic choice as opposed to a vaginal birth because of the pain, I mean HELLO! you're getting cut open and you think you won't be in pain afterwards? LOL
    to each their own, it's their body. personally I like that my body returns to normal after a vaginal birth instead of like after a c-section.
    Anonymous

• Well, I think C-sections hurt too! LOL! I think that they should be used for medical purposes only and that's it.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Most of the c-sections these days are medically unnecessary. They are for the convenience of the doctors and staff. I am 33 weeks with my first and they already tried to schedule a c-section saying the baby is too big. I told them no way.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Eh, I think in this day and age its not a big deal. Scheduled C-sections are perfectly safe. What IS dumb, though, and what these women aren't realizing is that it takes longer to recover for a cesarean than from a normal vaginal birth. My friend had her baby 10 days before me and had a C-section and had a hard time getting around for at least 3 weeks after her son was born. I was up and walking around with my son about 20 minutes after I delivered the placenta and was cleaned up!
    mambearwhitt4

Answer by mambearwhitt4 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• No, I chose to have my second that way. After going thru what I did the first time, I would never go thru that again! I think it should be up to the mom. I think in the future it will be an option... they both have their drawbacks though. Childbirth is really hard on your body. I would still chose a c-section no matter what.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 10:20 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i dont agree with it, if you have to have one then thats one thing but to do it cause your scared is just not right. for one thing when you have a c-sec. all the fluid that is in the babys lungs stays in there, unlike when you have a vagi. birth the fliud gets pushed out. i think that it is worse one the baby and worse on the mother. the recovery time is longer than vagi.
    Anonymous

• Not at all!!!!
    tawnbond

Answer by tawnbond at 10:23 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• If a person believes that a c-section is the easy way out they are sorely mistaken, they will realize how stupid that thought is after they give birth. Ive had 3 medically neccessary c-sections.

However I will say its no ones business how one delivers. It doenst make one bit of difference, the end result is the same, a baby.
    Mom2SKMB

Answer by Mom2SKMB at 10:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2009