period for over a month, a bit graphic.

On the first of December, 2008 I started my period but it was spotting. ( I am scheduled to see my OBGYN on Monday) So, I wanted to write here anyway. And then again the following day and now it is Jan 2009 and still bleeding. The spotting stopped but it went from that to bleeding. I have all the period symtoms and it is annoying to keep wondering when I will stop. This never happened before. It always was regular and only lasted 4 days ( bleeding days). Does anyone have this happen too? I am only 33.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Health

• I haven't experienced this personally but when my friend had her son and had her IUD put in every time she peed she said she had to wipe away a little bit of blood...I don't know if that fits in with your situation or not, but its probably for the best that you're going to see your GYN.
    mambearwhitt4

Answer by mambearwhitt4 at 10:22 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I am only wearing panty liner or small tampon. It is not enough to just wear nothing. Just enough to see blood. I have not been on birth control since I was 19. I am 33 now.
    Anonymous

• Hmm, Idk then. Is anything else unusual?
    mambearwhitt4

Answer by mambearwhitt4 at 10:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• A couple years ago I had my period for over 3 months. I went to the doctor b/c I was confused, I had been on the same birth control pill for 5 years. They did an ultrasound, tons of bloodwork, even did a glucose test....nothing was wrong. They switched my birthcontrol and it stopped. Are you on any form of bc?
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 10:46 PM on Jan. 9, 2009