Why is it...

Why is it that single mom's and young mom's feel they deserve an "award" for being so? I get so tired of the " pat me on the back" attitude! So what! Either you made that choice, or you didn't make very smart choices. Its hard being a mom, no matter what the situation!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• why does it matter to you? why don't you just ignore it and read other questions. there is something annoying about everyone on here. and here's your sign...
    Anonymous

• Dude, its just not on here. It everywhere. Why label yourself? Why can't you just be "a mom". Why add the "single mom" or "teen mom"??? What makes them any different then any other mom?
    Anonymous

• Just because yiu have an SO, doesn't automatically mean its easier! ask anyone with a lame ass husband!

Anonymous

• Not having a DH to help with the kids, the financial help, and the day to day thing. Is hard to do alone. Some women willingly became a single parent some didn't do it willingly. But being a mom is hard DH or no DH.

Answer by louise2 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Sure, its tough being a single mom, but some of us are married but still feel like single moms--they don't help they just make messes, and you have to nag him to get the yard mowed-just like he is one of the kids! Thats tougher because atleast when you are single, you know you are on your own, but when you are married-its always a fight! But yes, I know what you mean. Married women have it tough--some work, go to school, have 6 kids, cook, clean, have sex on demand, and wear a smile through it all...without drugs!
    Anonymous

• I don't think there is anything wrong with single parenting, at least I'm not going to commit to saying it was a poor choice or their first choice for that matter. I don't really like to stand in judgement of how other people choose to live their lives. Single, married, or living with someone...hey its your life. Everyone needs a pat on the back and acknowledgment for their efforts. Singles moms, stay at home moms, working moms, lesbian moms, moms with children who have special needs...we all need support and that pat on the back that encourages us to do it all over again the next day. So while you too probably deserve an award for the things you do for your family each and every day - its okay to also support the other groups out there. And for the record, I don't think I could do it buy myself without a little emotional support.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:30 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i'm 19 married with a son. sorry i don't label myself a "teen mom" so i guess not all "young moms" do this. because i am just one who thinks i am just a mom* why do people care so much about this topic it is soo annoying.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:33 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I'm a single mom and have never felt like a "pat me on the back" award was coming to me...so you can fuck off...
    Anonymous

• nice.... theres maturity!
    Anonymous

• Single young moms - God I am so jealous of your energy. When I was 18, 19, 20ish I has so much energy. I could out last a room full of toddlers. Now I can't make it past lunch without having to take a nap with my toddler. I'm going to be truthful - I want some of that energy back. Oh man, and my body. I had a killer body. Curves, flat stomache, petite, nice legs...then my 30's. Ouch. This stuff is glued to my butt. Like my ass ate cottage cheese and it just stayed there. So ladies - enjoy this time while you can. I love my 30's too - don't get me wrong. There are benefits to being an older mother. But I can honestly say I am envious of some of my younger friends who are parenting and don't need to count every calorie or take frequent naps. I'm in good shape - just not where I was ten years ago.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2009