• In the Spotlight:

am i late or am i preg ??

I'm late, not sure if i'm preg, since i already took the test it all came out nagative. today.. i notice i spotting ( brown, now its light pink) my breast have been sore...and ive had cramps for weeks now. what does this mean? am i preg, or am i just late and starting my period soon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• you'd have to take another test or get a blood test done. sorry but I have no idea if you are pregnant or not. I don't know when you ovulate, when you had sex, when your period is due, or anything.
    Anonymous

• Obviously, I cannot tell you if you are pregnant. However, since you tested and it came back negative and now you are having some spotting, I would wait a week, see what happens and test again. You could be having implantation bleeding which is spotting that some women get when the embryo implants into the uterus. You will not get a positive test until the embryo implants (in most cases) which could be why your first test was negative.
    JMmama

Answer by JMmama at 3:58 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I had this happen, and I waited two weeks to see if it was implantation bleeding. It wasn't, I was NOT pregnant. The dr prescribed Provera to make my period start. Sometimes there is no explanation to what is happening because we are dealing with hormones. Just wait a little while, take another test. If you can't wait, see the dr and do something about it. Good luck,
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 7:46 AM on Jan. 10, 2009