my seems to have forgotten

how to roll over. She is 7 months adjusted age.... 81/2 month old preemie..She sits well and loves to stand and tries to walk, but when i put her on her tummy she hates it and cant seem to roll over by fully extending her arm...is this a big deal..she was never a roller and never rolled from back to belly...any input?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some babies never roll over at all and go straight to the other stuff. Some babies skip crawling and go right for standing up. As long as your baby is interested in the world around her and wants to move or explore I'd say she'd doing fine. Some kids are just not into rolling! If you are really worried you can always bring it up at your next well visit at the doc's office, but I don't think you need to make a special call or get too worried about it at this point.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:43 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• my son actually went through the same thing. Give her a reward...like a put a toy she loves near by so she can roll to get to it. Otherwise she sees no point in rolling over when she can sit or stand , rolling is prob. a movement she doesnt care for too much, give her a reason to enjoy it.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 10:43 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• No worries, she'll do it when she's meant to!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:10 AM on Jan. 10, 2009