Adoptees- whats the earliest photo you have of yourself?

Mine is one at almost 6 months old. Before that- I was in agency FC and to my knowledge, none were taken before then.

adopteeme

Asked by adopteeme at 7:29 AM on Dec. 6, 2011 in Adoption

• I am not an adoptee, but I have a niece that is adopted. We have pictures of her from the hospital, and every day since, she is now 3 1/2 months old.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:57 AM on Dec. 6, 2011

• Even if something happens with the relationship between DD and her BFamily and even though we did not bring her home until 3 months, we do have very early on pictures...from hospital at 5 days old and the official hospital pics (she was in NICU for 5 weeks, so not sure when they were taken). So thankfully she will always have those pictures.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:00 AM on Dec. 6, 2011

• the earliest pic that i have of myself is at age 7.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 8:34 AM on Dec. 6, 2011

• I'm a birthmom and I gave my DD's a-family pictures from day one. One of the nurses I had took pictures during labor & delivery and immediately after, and I gave them copies of most of them (they asked for a few to be excluded lol), a lady I used to babysit for came to the hospital and spend 3 hours just taking roll after roll of pics and I gave them copies of every single one, and so on. She spent 12 days in the NICU and I was able to visit her while there, and most of the pics I took there I shared with them too.

My not-so-little cousin also has pics from about 3 days old - his a-parents took him home from the hospital at 3 days old, so all they don't have are any from the first 2 days of his life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Dec. 6, 2011

• My son doesn't have any pictures before about 18 m/o. Apparently, no one bothered to take pictures of him. His BF said they couldn't afford to take professional pictures of him, whatever.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:34 AM on Dec. 6, 2011

• sad :(
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 2:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2011

• Our child spent first 4 years in hospital for medical special needs, hospital took pictures, but they "mysteriously" disappeared once we came into our childs life so we only have a couple from foster care files as a baby, and bio parents shared a few from their first couple of visits with child at hospital...
    TiffyTaffyApple

Answer by TiffyTaffyApple at 4:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2011

• I have two adopted brothers from the same biological family.

For the older of my two brothers we have no baby pictures (at least none I've ever seen). There's only one picture of him alone that I know of from before the adoption. We do have a few pictures of him when he was in foster care that were taken when he was visiting the younger of the two brothers (they were in different foster homes, but had state mandated visits). He's about two in the earliest of those pictures, but I don't know exactly. We started our pre-adoption visits with them shortly after his 3rd birthday, so we have lots of pictures after that.

For the younger of the two, we have pictures from infancy on. His foster parents picked him up from the hospital, so there are pictures of him there. In fact, there's one picture of him in the hospital nursery that very clearly shows the name card with his BioMom's name on it (odd in a "closed" adoption.
    DDDaysh

Answer by DDDaysh at 1:31 PM on Dec. 9, 2011

• The earliest picture we have of our adopted son is a few days before 7 months when he arrived at our home. :( I do have several pics of his mom and him since then, though. :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 11:42 PM on Dec. 9, 2011

• Did I make someone mad? Why the down-vote?
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 11:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2011