After Labor and Deliver...

How long did it take for you girls to lose the baby weight and get to a size that you were comfortable with? What all factors it with losing it...such as breastfeeding and such? What all did you do to lose it? Excercise, diet, what? How long is it after that you can excercise? This is my second child in 2 years. Will it be harder for me to lose the weight? What are some things I can do with my soon to be very busy schedule?

Blessedmommy215

Asked by Blessedmommy215 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• After my first child was born I was back into my regular two weeks later. After my second child was born I was not even close fitting in my regular for about 3 or 4 months. I did start weight watchers when my second child was 6 or 8 weeks old and I lost a total of 27 lbs. I am currently pregnant with # 3 and I will do weight wacthers again after I deliver.
    funmomof2

Answer by funmomof2 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I gained all baby... :/
    Anonymous

• My LOs are 18 mo apart. Personally, I found it easier to loose the weight this time around!!Having a toddler forces you to get moving around ASAP. On top of chasing after my toddler, BF helped me loose a lot of weight...my daughter eats a LOT!! And I Started walking right away and light strength training about 4 weeks PP. I was watching my diet from the very beginning and at 4 weeks PP I was at my pre-preg weight, at 8 weeks PP I weighed LESS than I did before both pregnancies!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 3:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I just want to add though, because I had 2 back to back and my second was 9lbs, I had separated ab muscles. SO make sure you are careful about doing ab exercises too early on. I started doing crunches too early and it made my abs separate even more! My daughter is almost 6mo now and my abs just closed up! You can PM me if you have any questions about that, I know it scared the hell out of me!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 3:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2009