Am I alone?

How many of you girls feel like you are a single mom but are married? My man just wants to help when he feels like it...I'm a SAHM and he works so he claims he doesn't have to help!!! I have news for him....I have a 24/7 job and because of him...I don't get a day off or break because he won't help and he won't let anyone keep her!!!! Ugh!! He doesn't even act like he cares!!! Am I the only one who feels this way?

Blessedmommy215

Asked by Blessedmommy215 at 10:44 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Not married, but a single mom...I have both a boyfriend and dd's dad in my life and feel like I do all the work!! So, no, you are not the only one who feels that way...lol!! :)
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 10:46 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• OK...the thing is tho I'm 8 months preg. and it makes it that much harder...I'm afraid I'll really lose my marbles when this second one is born! I am afraid it will really affect my marriage!
    Blessedmommy215

Answer by Blessedmommy215 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• been married for 15 years I got over that along time ago I just learned to deal with it I hate fighting
    Anonymous

• I feel that way the only thing my dh does is bi*ch about things and i discipline my child give her a bath put her to bed dress her makes sure she eats all while he sits on his ass and plays some stupid game on the computer
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• When my DH works, I don't mind taking on 100% of the house and children. But he only works 14 days a month and on his days off he goes and helps everyone with everything. Or pursues his hobby.  He's never said he wouldn't do it he just doesn't . I tell him I need help, he says he will. If I held my breath I'd be dead! :D I can say that he does take on diaper duty more with #2 than he ever did with my first DS. But he won't wash a dish or a piece of clothing and he'd walk over trash a mile high before he'd bend over and pick it up!! MEN! :o)

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i dont feel like a single mom because my husband does a lot, but i do feel lonely sometimes
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:36 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• feel that way everyday 24/7 just cuz they work they cant help....
    i feel u and u really not alone on this one..
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 11:44 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• No I feel the same way but I'm not married to him yet I will be. I ask him to take the children or when he gone or sleeping a ask my neighbor down stair to babysit so I can have a break.
    Jad30

Answer by Jad30 at 12:34 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• You are living my life. Except that it was my choice. I never felt he should have to help because he worked all day. I could take breaks when I wanted. Take naps when the baby did. The days are mine. He can't just sit and relax when ever he wants. He should be able to come home and rest.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:39 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• 23 married for 2 years. 2 beautiful kids. 18 and 4 months. That is exactly the way it's going with me! He doesn't want to work though. He doesn't want to take care of the kids at all either.. it's horrible..
    Good luck to you.. you are not alone
    xxsweetpeaxx68

Answer by xxsweetpeaxx68 at 2:03 PM on Jan. 10, 2009