What has been your scariest experience as a Mom?

I have two- the time my older daughter came up missing after playing outside at church (she was @ 1 1/2). Our church is right beside a highway! After we were sure she was not in the road, I just knew that she had headed that way, someone had pulled over and took her! Thank God, a church member had found her and taken her into another building!

Continued.....

Mishelly728

Asked by Mishelly728 at 10:52 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Walking into the NICU after the dr had called us in to say goodbye to our baby.
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 11:06 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• The 2nd- my younger daughter, three at the time, swallowed a quarter! Yes, a quarter! She came to us and said she swallowed a penny, but after that, started vomitting fluid & blood. We took her to the ER & they did x-rays. It was lodged right at the top of her esophogus, THANK GOD! She was so young that they had to transport her to Children's Hospital to remove it. I was so scared it would become dislodged and go down her wind pipe before they could get it out. Praise God, it stayed put until the Dr. went in after it!

Your turn! What has put gray hairs on your head?
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• The first time my daughter had a seizure...hands down worst moment of my life holding her lifeless body.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 10:55 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• When my daughter was 8 months old i watch her have a seizure and stop breathing and turn blue and not being able to do anything about it just pray that shes ok or that god takes you instead
    Anonymous

• going to court with my teenage son.... lots of fun to follow ladies... and I thought high fevers were bad!
    Anonymous

• when my oldest son 18m at the time climbed up on his fire truck to look out side the truck rolled and he hit his head on the window ledge and there was lots of blood at first i thought it was from his eye so i rushed over to my neighbors and we drove him into town to the ER and he got cut under his eyebrow. the dr actually laughed at me for freakin out so bad.
    another time my 2nd son was playing ball in the yard (he was 3) and the ball went in the road i told him to stay and ill get the ball and shortly after i went to get it he darted out to the road and nearly got hit. i could feel my heart about jump to throat. we now dont go outside unless there are 2 adults
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 10:59 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• My son was 3 days old.... I was in Wal-Mart with my father. I couldn't figure out how to latch the car seat on the front of the cart, so I just put him in the basket. My father kept saying he wanted to show him off. I kept saying NO! I was standing at the frozen food isle, couldn't decide if I wanted breaded fish sticks or battered fish sticks. When I had finally decided, I went to put my fish sticks in the cart. There was no baby in the cart, so I took the fish sticks out and went to look for "my" cart. Unfortunately that was my cart.

After running around the store, my dad came out from the isle I didn't see and had my son. He thought I would think he was just taking him to show him off and just get mad at him, howver I thought someone stole my child!! I was crying and to this day I still feel sick to my stomach when I think about that feeling!! He is a bit over two!!
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 10:59 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• watching my 8-week-old daughter having open heart surgery.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 11:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• So far it was when my baby was about 3 months. She was in her chair and I hadn't strapped her in (Not something I normally did, I was trying to step out for a second to pee real quick)

I was pulling up my pants and I heard her kicking so I started hurrying and right before I got to her I heard a little thud and she was on the floor.

Not hurt, cried just a bit. But I felt horrible just seeing her there on the floor like she had been misplaced.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 11:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• When my youngest was about 3 or 4 I was volunteering at the elementary school where my other son was in school. I had the youngest with me while I worked on library books. And I looked around and he wasn't there. I was afraid that he'd been kidnapped. We had several of the teachers and staff searching the building and grounds and finally found him across the parking lot next to our car. I asked him why he had come out there and he seemed to not understand me and spoke back to me what he had heard- garbled sounds. This is when I discovered that he had hearing loss. He thought I'd told him to go to the car, which I never would have.

Answer by Bmat at 11:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2009