Weight..

How much weight have you lost? Are you back to your normal from before you were pregnant? I'm sick of hubby joking about me. I was 135 now I'm 149. We argued today. Is that emotional or mental abuse?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• b4 pregnancy i weight 100 lb and at the end of my brith i was 150.. my husband did the same thing but i didnt take it the hard way it was more like a joke.. the day after i give brith to my son i only weighted 114 so i only gained 14 lb the rest was the baby.. also my son weighted 7lb 11 oz he was my first...
    =)
    but really dont worry most guys make funny of there wifes when preggo..
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 11:19 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• It's totally normal to be extra sensitive right now. It doesn't feel like your body is your own, and there are a lot of emotions running around. I am five months postpartum and I am FINALLY in my old clothes. I gained 40 pounds and have pretty much lost it by now but my body is still completely different. My belly is still rounder but my legs are skinnier than before. My breasts are still huge too because I am nursing.

Don't let your husband make light of your emotions. You need support right now not ridicule. Besides I'd like to see him create life and then bounce back!!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:27 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I'm not preggo. Baby is 11 months. I'm sick of it. He is way off in being so rude. I have ugly feelings towards him Im 149 now and baby is 11 mo.
    Anonymous

• I'm sure he doesn't mean any harm but if it really upsets you then he should be more considerate towards your feelings. Before pregnancy I was 95lbs, and I went up to 135 (i'm 5'2"), and I'm currently stuck at 122. While hubby claims to love my new, voluptuous body better than ever, I feel overweight and insecure and would be crushed if he made fun of me. Also I was very sensitive during pregnancy (aren't we all lol) so I would not have stood for his joking about my weight. If you can take it in stride then let it go. But if it genuinely hurts your feelings then you should tell him how you feel. He loves you and I'm sure the last thing he wants to do is hurt your feelings. But if you tell him it hurts and he persists in cracking jokes then it is a form of mental/emotional abuse.
    Marenjane

Answer by Marenjane at 11:28 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i lost 30 lbs the day my son was born and am below what i weighed before i got pregnant and my baby is only 6 weeks. while pregnant i gained 40 lbs the last 5 weeks due to high blood pressure and water retinten (sp?)
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 11:38 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I was 138 lbs when I got prego at birth I was about 180 lbs. My little girl is now just about 2 yrs old and I'm 141 lbs, just shy of of pre-prego weight, never would my hubby even joke about my weight. I agree with marenjane it depends on the relationship you have with your SO, if you can take it in stride and let it go OK, otherwise you need to let him know it's hurts your feelings. If he persists with the jokes then yes it's absolutely mental/emotional abuse. You carried his child and sacrificed your body in the process, he should respect that...
    joeyzgerl

Answer by joeyzgerl at 11:39 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I gained 50 pounds when I was pregnant and have lost 45...even though I only wanted to lose 40. I think it depends on what, exactly, your husband is saying. If you've asked him to stop (and I mean actually said it, not just let him try to read your mood afterwards or anything) and he still does it, then I'd say there's a problem.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:06 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I have three kids 14yrs old, 4yrs old and I just had my only son on Dec 10 2008. With first one gained 50 lbs, and lost it all by my six week check up. With second on gained 40 lbs and lost 20 of it by my six week check up. With last one gained only 25lbs but with extra 20 that I never lost I was still 45 lbs over my initial weight. I have lost 25 lbs since the birth of my son and I haven't even gone to my six week appt yet. With my second pregnancy I let my self get comfortable with the weight and even bought a new wardrobe to make my self feel better!! I am only 5'2 and weigh 150lbs!! I have started a workout routine that I do 5 days a week and I no longer eat out....With the new year came a new outlook on life! I can and will lose these extra pounds and so can you!
    BRIEANDCHERISH

Answer by BRIEANDCHERISH at 12:19 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I weight the same now... but don't look the same. I look fatter.
    But tell your hubby to shove it... really you had a BABY! Does he expect you to just snap back into place? It takes time... and like you don't have anything better to do all day than work out?
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:41 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Your not that far at all from your pre pregnancy weight.
    It's been 6 months and I weight 163.
    I weighed 140 pre pregnancy and got down to 160 after having my son and then gained 3 pounds this month!
    I don't even eat that much at all. I walk every day (mostly unless it's too cold) and I eat fairly healthy.
    I have an underactive thyroid so I really have it bad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Jan. 10, 2009