Why doesn't Obama CHANGE his smoking habit?

Don't you think that Obama should CHANGE his own bad habits? Maybe start a new year as a NON-smoker and be the great role model he portrays himself to be? He's admitted that he is not proud of it, so why not take his own advice and CHANGE it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• His true colors must be that of a smoker who can't keep his PROMISE to quit. hehe
    Anonymous

• because he's an addict.
    Anonymous

• You mean he LIED to his wife?! He told her he was gonna quit, for the sake of his offspring! Don't tell me he forgot he wasn't campaigning when he told his family another LIE!!!
    Anonymous

• Hmmm...perhaps because we all have flaws, just some of us choose to hide behind anon instead of CHANGE our negative attitude.
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 11:27 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I'm not an Obama fan, but seriously, it is very hard for people to quit smoking. Smoking is addictive, and it messes with people's brains when they try and quit. Plus, the amount of stress he is going through right now doesn't make it any easier to quit. I think as long as he isn't smoking like a chimney in public then leave it up to himself to quit when he can. He really is only hurting himself, and I'm sure he knows that. Seriously, we had a president who slept around, commiting adultry and defiling a public office and people didn't make nearly as big of a deal.

teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 11:27 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• omg first of all as a smoker it is hard to quit second do you have to live with him? didnt think so good night
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:28 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I don't think he should be allowed to smoke in the White House, or anyone for that matter. Too many historical things to dirty up with filthy smoke...yuck.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 11:30 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Not sure that he has sought the consult of his government run healthcare system yet for his medication to help him stop. Personally, I hope he stays with the Mt. Dew and twinkies, and starts smoking some more, and doesn't have time for excercise anymore. And how much do I have to slip to the WH chef to throw some extra lard on his eggs in the morning?
    Anonymous

• There is no smoking in the white house.
    Anonymous

• Addictions are for the weak. He's a weak man.
    Anonymous