Kicked out of my family.... I can't take this anymore.

my youngest sister (there are 5 of us) has been living in my parents guest house (by that I mean that my dad built a little two bedroom house in back for visiting family, etc.) They are poor. Here's the kick in the pants.... a few months back Daddy had a massive heart attack. My mom asked me and my other sister to come and put the youngest out (she lives there with hubby, 3 kids and 1 kid she took from some1 else 2 raise). We didn't get to do that bcuz daddy did very well and was released early. About 6 weeks ago the youngest sister and her hubby got busted for operating a meth lab out of the little guest house. Cops took all 4 kids, they are wards of the state now. My sister is charged with 4 cnts felony child endangerment. (cont'd)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• OMG well I read everything you had said and even the article you posted, and I am sorry your hurt but I think your parents are just going to have to learn the hard way, and keep getting taken for until they decide its enough, its so crazy by reading this I thought your sis and her dh were young in there early 20's but they are in their 30's!!!! Geez when do ppl ever leanr to grow up, and I feel so bad for the kids. Anyway like I said before eventually your parents will realize what a joke your sis is, because really from my experience ppl like that never change especially if they are being enabled, just hang in there mama things will hopefully get better
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:43 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Long and short is they bailed her out, took custody of the kids, asked me to help financially, but when I protested that my parents should let he face the music and not let her come back, my mom flew mad and told me never to call or visit them again.
    Anonymous

• wow..
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 11:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• My dad is a minister... this all happened on church property (which enhances the charges)... my parents were even implicated. How in the world did I become the bad guy in this?
    Anonymous

• That's ridiculous.

She knew the consequences weren't going to be good if they got caught. She made her bed, let her lay in it.

Poor kids!!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• WOW. that is a crazy story, i cant believe your mom would tell you that. dont talk to her, let her talk to you. she'll realize she was wrong soon enough. im with you, your sister should face the music.... i mean maybe you could be there for your nieces and nephews but other than that you dont oweyour sister anything, she makes her own choices
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:44 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• honey I am sorry.They needed to blame someone and prolly when you said something they just reactted.Doesn't make it right tho and I am sorry.(hugs)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Well, this is a crappy situation and I'm sorry. If I were you I'd do everything I possibly could for those kids, but the sister can rot. She clearly doesn't care enough about those kids to keep them safe from those toxic chemical why should anyone care about her.

How did she get custody of someone else's kid?? Don't you have to be MORE fit than the birth parents for that?? I can't imagine who she got that child from..
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Thing is.... me and another sister offered to either take the kids or help with them... but our parents jumped like bullfrogs... talking about they were gonna get $553 a month for each kid (foster parents). I said shoot that's over 2000 a month.... plus the kids get foodstamps, medicaid and free legal council. When I told my mom that if she WAS definitely going to let my sister come back then make her get a job (she's NEVER Worked- even when they were in really bad shape)..... my mom started making excuses why my sister couldn't get a job.... I told her she was just enabling my sister and that cleaning up her mess for her would only do more harm.... that when she said "well, you don't ever have to call here or come here again if you don't agree".... I can't say I was shocked... But hurt... very hurt.
    Anonymous

• She got the other kid because some crackhead let her just have him...... I never understood exactly how that came about..... What kicked me in the stomach was on New Years Eve... my phone rang...it was my daddy... I answered and all he said was "Uh, wrong number" and hung up. That bout tore my guts out.
    Anonymous