My CAA

Anyone use mycaa for a certificate, that it completely paid for, and gotten a job? I feel like everything it completely pays for I will never find a job in and it doesn't completely pay for much. (though I appreciate EVERY last penny at this point i don't have money to put out along side it). I don't want to do medical billing and coding because everyone keeps saying it wont exist in 5 years.

Any suggestions?

GirlWithANikon

Asked by GirlWithANikon at 12:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2011 in Military

• Medical billing and coding will exist. The new ICD-10 codes will be coming out soon and I promise you there will be a big need out there. Major organizations (UnitedHealth I know of for sure) is already putting teams into place just to prepare. So if it were me, I'd revisit that one and see what you can find out. Maybe check out arhcp.org
    Brawnwyn

Answer by Brawnwyn at 12:43 PM on Dec. 6, 2011

• Thanks can you tell me what ICD-10 is? everyone keeps saying it will be computer based and my medical coding and billing training will be different and useless.
    GirlWithANikon

Comment by GirlWithANikon (original poster) at 12:44 PM on Dec. 6, 2011

• ICD codes are the International Classifications of Disease codes that are used to bill insurance companies for procedures done. It may be that coding and billing with CHANGE but I don't see the field not ever needing a human component. For one thing, the codes are very complex. 

Take a look at this page to see just what stomach pain will get you

Brawnwyn

Answer by Brawnwyn at 12:52 PM on Dec. 6, 2011

• Ty, do you know if i can find a job with just a certificate? everything online said an AS or BA
    GirlWithANikon

Comment by GirlWithANikon (original poster) at 1:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2011

• I only have a certificate and I found work no problem. I am a nurse, however. That said, no one asked me about my nursing degree when I applied for the job.
    Brawnwyn

Answer by Brawnwyn at 1:11 PM on Dec. 6, 2011

• How come youre not working as a nurse? Thats great money!
    GirlWithANikon

Comment by GirlWithANikon (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2011

• And where did you get your certificate? There are so many schools. I'm so lost!
    GirlWithANikon

Comment by GirlWithANikon (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2011

• Because I'm old and tired of working the floor. It's good money but it's a hard ass job and I got burned out and tired. I just moved to the admin side where I have a chair and can wear normal clothes :D
    Brawnwyn

Answer by Brawnwyn at 1:25 PM on Dec. 6, 2011

• I got it at our community college. It took about 6 months.
    Brawnwyn

Answer by Brawnwyn at 1:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2011

• Did you take the CPC or CPC-H exam?
    GirlWithANikon

Comment by GirlWithANikon (original poster) at 1:44 PM on Dec. 6, 2011