Do you or know anyone who has done the permanent make-up on their eyes?

I went to the spa and they gave me a brochure on this and came home telling my hubby that I would love to have it done. Well he bought me a $400.00 gift certificate to have it done and now I am starting to chicken out. I went for the consultation and they even showed me some of their work but I still need some advice.......

saysmom

Asked by saysmom at 11:55 PM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I have a friend who has her eyeliner tattooed on permanently. She loves it but said it was painful to have done (as I would imagine). It looks great, though.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 11:57 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I knew one girl who did the eyeliner and ended up with a terrible terrible eye infection. Not worth it. She looked horrible with her eyes all swollen up. Our eyes are a very tender area. I'm very light haired and light skinned, and I would love to wake up beautiful, but not at that price. Sorry. Isn't it just like getting a tatoo?
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:58 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Michael Jackson had it done!
    Anonymous

• I know two people who have it done. I use to go to church with them. They are mother and daughter.
    It looks great on both of them and it looks natural.
    Both don't regret having it done.
    I would do it if I were you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I have quite a few friends who has done the eyeliner, it looks nice. I was about to do it but then I heard you have to do every couple of years and to me that's not worth all the pain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• i've had my brows done five years ago..they need to be retouched now , actually. it wasn't painful, but it wasn't pleasant, either. lots of sinus pockets in the brow area, makes it a tad sensitive. no,they do not have to shave what brow you have, and yes, you still need to keep them shaped-up(waxed, plucked)..i did it because my brows are sparse, and shorter than they should be. they look great!
    eyeliner is a great way to go, too. looks very natural, when done correctly; it actually makes the lashes appear thicker, since their is 'color' at the base of the lashes/fills in the holes between hairs. just take a muscle relaxer, or tylenol pm to help take the edge off.
    lips/liner-looks great, only need a clear gloss to make the color 'pop'. no need to ever run to the ladies room to redo the lipstick! (some artists will have your lip area numbed, before starting the procedure.) cont..
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:22 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• ..be sure to see lots of before/after pics of their clients, before you allow someone to work on you. and, ask that a '2nd draft' comes with the original price tag..you'll most likely need to have it reworked in a month or so, to make sure the color/amount is correct. there is a CM who can tell you all about perm. makeup..she does it. i think her name is 'prettymustang', or something like that.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:24 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• First of all....awesome hubby you have!! =)
    I think my aunt got this done. She may have also done the permanent lip liner. I have no clue where or when, but I remember my sister making a comment about it once, lol. I don't think she has an complications as far as I know.
    bittrsweet81

Answer by bittrsweet81 at 2:40 AM on Jan. 10, 2009