ive heard that

mexican food (because it is spicy) can help you go into labor. it doesnt always work but i heard it can help assist it.

So is there any truth to spicy foods assisting you going into labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah but u have to be almost there for it to work..... and it dont always work then
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I think it's hit or miss...there are a lot of home induction methods people try, but how do you KNOW it actually worked and that it wasn't just time? There's no way to know...I suppose when you get to the end and want it to be over, though, anything is worth a shot!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:35 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Iv heard it too!! But i usally end up getting heartburn so bad that i wish i was dead!!! lol i found one online the other day that said smothering pineapple in hot sauce works!!! yeaaaaaaaaa i was up all night in the worst pain EVER!!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:40 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Your body has to be ready for it, on the verge of being in labor anyway. Its not like a self induction method to use 2-3 weeks early. Good luck!
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 1:13 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Like they said above~ the body must already be on it's way to accept the "nudge." But the nudge can sometimes work... depending...
    BUT because the body is already on it's way it's an irony-- the body IS doing it... there is no need to stress the body, cause undue anxiety and strain, and alter a perfect situation by maybe forcing baby into a position he/she wasn't quite ready for.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:44 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Hehehe. I eat spicy food regularly, and it didn't have that effect on me with my daughter. But it *could* only if your body's ready. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 3:07 AM on Jan. 10, 2009