• In the Spotlight:

The lady next door

The lady next door is known for causing trouble so I don't dare to say anything to her myself but I am fed up with her. She keeps leaving her kids ages 12 ans 13 home alone until 2am. My state doesn't have a law against kids that age being left home alone. Does anyone know of another way I can try to get her to realize she needs to care for her kids and not go out and party all night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Honestly I'd stay out of it what she does is her business and you getting into it and on her bad side wouldnt change her. I'd just without her knowing keep an eye on the kids for her ya know just to be sure they are safe.
    theycallmemomie

Answer by theycallmemomie at 12:29 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• So they are practically teenagers being left at home? Maybe I'm not fully understanding but I don't see a problem with that.
    Tams_jade

Answer by Tams_jade at 12:31 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I try and listen if the kids are allright when I go out to smoke. I just get worried because the kids fight so bad and I swear they are killing eachother and she isn't home. Maybe from now on when the kids fight and shes not there I will knock on the door to see if they are ok. They have my cell number to call if one of them ever did get hurt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• You have no idea if she calls and checks in periodicly or not or what the deal is I would stay out of it..... its really none of your business and id hope i could leave my kids alone for a little bit at that age if they always had a way to reach me and me calling a checking in!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:34 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I see a problem with it. A big one. Kids that age lack the maturity and responsibility to make good decisions and be left alone for such long hours, especially for partying,

so like you I would be upset. But since she is violating no law in your state, I don't think there is much you can do about it. I'm sorry, I wish I had a better answer
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:35 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I wouldn't really have an issue with it if it was just a few hours but she is gone for 6-8 hours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• If you're really worried, call CPS and see if they can find anything else wrong. Other than that, I would really not get into it.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:01 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• That's not cool at all but like previous poster said, it's not your problem. Meaning, even though your intentions are good and you feel sorry for the kids, you may cause unecessary problems between you and she. Maybe when the kids are fighting you could make an annonymous report to your local police station? Since there is no law in your state, regarding minors being left alone, she wouldn't face any legal trouble but the cops may make her understand that they can't keep getting calls like that so she needs to supervise them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Do you know what she's out doing?

I like your idea of knocking on the door when you hear the kids fighting, but other than that I'd stay out of it.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:18 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• how do you know she's out until 2 am? are you watching her house all the time? if so, find something else to do bert budinsky.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Jan. 10, 2009