help my toddler has a diaper rash and still has dirrehea

how can i help the diaper rash when he still has dirrehea, when ever i put some cream on i have to wipe off to change again. i tried destin, now im using a syringe to clense the area and apping vaseline because the cream seams to hurt him due to the rawness of the rash

combster

Asked by combster at 12:34 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• make sure he doesnt have a baby yeast infection, it can happen with babies who have diarrhea. ifit doesnt go away ask your dr, he can give you special cream
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:36 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• My daughter had a bad diaper rash and the doc had us mix desitin and malox. It made a thick coat so the poo wouldn't actually touch her bottom.
    Tams_jade

Answer by Tams_jade at 12:37 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• what can i put that doesn't burn
    combster

Answer by combster at 12:38 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• My DD has had a bad one the last few days really raw with sores, and i've tried everything. Last night I put some A & D Ointment then I covered it with some Moisturel therapeutic lotion and then throughout the day I would just use the moisturel lotion and it looks alot better tonight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• My son had the same thing. If it lasts longer than a week, take him to the doctor. In order to neutralize his urine and stool, feed him yogurt. The live culture will work wonders. If it's a yeast infection, you'll see a difference over night. Let his bottom breath! Give him a bath and let him run around bottomless for as long as possible.
    amy_noel

Answer by amy_noel at 12:50 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Balmex is terrific. When you wipe them, not all of the Balmex cream wipes off. It works to protect the baby's skins and also as clears up the diaper rash.
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 1:01 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• yep, sounds like yeast. get some yeast medicine at walmart, rub a thin layer of the med on his butt, do that about 3 times a day. you will see improvement the next day. good luck!
    TammyG.

Answer by TammyG. at 1:33 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Colloidal silver. From a health food store. Dab it on with a cotton ball. It's the ONLY thing that ever took care of diaper rash in my kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Beaudreaux's Butt Paste...I love the stuff!
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 8:36 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Arbonne baby rash! It not only works great for their rashes--my son had a horrible one, it cured it over night!--but it also works for the rash I get between my boobs sometimes!
    cass_pick

Answer by cass_pick at 11:22 AM on Jan. 10, 2009