How do I get the kids to clean up everyday? any creative ways?

My kids do not like to clean , mom alway has to clean up after them! Its very stressful and Im not sure if i should give them time out or take something away, doesnt solve the dirty house prob!

fairybrokenwing

Asked by fairybrokenwing at 2:07 AM on Jul. 17, 2008 in General Parenting

• HOw old are your children? if they are old enough to clean up on their own and you tell them to and they dont do it.... throw their toys in the trash. It works wonders!! Mom only has to clean up after them because they know she will.
    CassieLee85

Answer by CassieLee85 at 2:18 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I have thrown all of my kids toys away before, then it was their clothes!! I am at a loss when it comes to this one too. Seriously I have 3 kids 7,5,and 4 and they have not had any toys for over a year now. They don't care at all!! Infact they helped me throw them away, and thought it was fun!!
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 3:50 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• If it's their toys that are making the mess, take them away. When I was 8 my mom had the same problem with me so no joke, I got home from school one day and the only thing in my room was a bed and a dresser :( I was one sad kid but I sure learned to clean up after a whole week with no toys! She just put everything in the shed and locked the door. Harsh but definitly effective :)
    Hannah-Belle

Answer by Hannah-Belle at 5:50 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• start by making it fun, with you in the middle of it helping too. slowly you do less and less, but keep it fun. I did this by blasting fun music and tagteam contests and then just slowly phased out the contest into just the music -- to this day the music goes on and up and the kids clean up. they are now to the stage where if thye do not do their chores, they do not get to have any priviledes -- they eat, clean up, go to their rooms when they finally decided to start cleaning up as they were supposed to, no i don't have to take anything away - they just help cuz they know they will get no fun if they do not.
    aliciatakescare

Answer by aliciatakescare at 4:04 PM on Jul. 26, 2008