What do you think about this?

I believe people are born with a "tendency" to be homosexual. Just like some people are born with a "tendency" to be overweight. Whether or not you indulge the urges that lead to you be gay or fat is where the choice comes in. BTW, I'm fat myself, so I'm not slamming on fat or gay people. Homosexuality is no greater sin than gluttony. We have to fight the "sins of the flesh." A "gay" person could choose to be happy in a heterosexual relationship, it just feels better to give into those sinful compulsions. Happiness is a choice, but so many people just think they are a victim to whatever sin is controlling them. For me, it's a battle everyday to honor God with what I eat, but it is a battle I will continue to fight until the day I die! I will never just give into it, throw my hands up, and say, "oh well, that's the way God made me, so I'll just do what I want even though His word says it's a sin!"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I totally agree with you OP! You took the words right out of my mouth. I have thought about this many times and I come up with the same explaination.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Anon: That was profound !
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 12:45 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• GET OUT OF MY MIND!!!! lol that is my exact belief, heck I'd love to (censored) but believe we're meant to fight such earthly temptation. But I also do not judge those who indulge in their temptation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• anon; is judging to you saying the lifestyle is wrong or saying they are like that because of whatever reason when in fact you really don't know what has happend to the individual.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Other anon (12:49), I'm sorry I don't quite understand your question. Please try to elaborate and I'll be happy to answer. But please make it quick, my bed is calling my name!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Oh, oops! This is the OP, and I just realized anon 12:49's question was not for me! Sorry! If you do elaborate though, I'd be happy to give you my opinion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• To judge someone, does it mean to make a judgment call on your beliefs or to tell them what is in their heart and trying to figure out why they that way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• sorry, why they are that way I'm tired.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry, I don't agree. Using your weight argument - there are some people that can maintain a "reasonable" weight by just watching what they eat or exercise. But then, there are others that have to starve themselves day after day and exercise for hours and still their bodies don't process the same way. They are calorically more efficient then other people. Unless you're morbidly obese due to a medical reason I don't think you can compare. Just having to say no to twinkies is NOT the same thing as being *born* that way.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 1:01 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• If the shoe was on the other foot and it was obscene to society to love men, could you just resist your sinful nature and love a woman? Could you force yourself to be happy living a life that was a lie to you? And.. even if you could - WOULD you? If it felt wrong in every part of who you were, if you felt like you were betraying yourself? Would you deny who you loved to please society? I wouldn't. I can honestly say if my husband was a woman... and I felt the deep love that I feel for "her" -- I'd still be with her(him). Love is so rare and wonderful take it where you can find it. ;)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 1:03 AM on Jan. 10, 2009