Anybody else a Religious Studies Major/Minor???

Hmmm anyone? I'm curious. I never can find anyone who is into religious studies. My religious studies minor buddy graduated. I kind of feel isolated at school because we are so few and far between. I just want to get a feel for who else is out there...

OneToughMami

Asked by OneToughMami at 12:43 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No one? Anybody...does anyone just like to learn about other religions?
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:55 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Only if it has to do with the bible. I like to know about them all but i will only belive in my religion. What religion are you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Well, I am an Atheist but I am really into religions. Honestly, I think some of the stories in the Bible are seriously things to live by but I am so fascinated by how differently it is taught and practiced. For instance a Baptist and an Episcopalian have different teachings and views but yet it stems from the same book. I did my final in Psychology of Religion about Catholicism, very interesting stuff. I was most fascinated by the Sacrament. Oh and I have been looking into Hinduism as well.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:17 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Well...not a religious studies major, but my family is Hindu so I could maybe answer some questions about that. :)
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 1:25 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• :-) Well if I have any I know where to go now.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:35 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• There is a group called "religious debate" the owner with the help of others has put togather a thing called "the little black book" its a religous guid. People on here from all diffrent religions have written down their belifes. What i found intresting is that only Jehovas Witnesses used scriptures. No one else quoted or anything. I would love to learn a lot more about them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• hmmm...I have Jehovah Witness family members and I too would like to learn more about them. I know it's not that difficult to walk into say a Catholic church or a Mosque and get someone to tell you about their religion. I just have this fear that Jehovah Witness Kingdoms will not allow that. I was reading a little bit about them and I thought it read that you had to be a Witness to attend or planning on converting.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:46 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Im not a witness but have been studying for five years. Any questions please feel free to ask. Everyone is welcome why do you think we go door to door (other than it being a comandment) We want to see new faces. Please go you are not asked ever to donate money nothing is being passed around for everyone to see.
    BabayBella

Answer by BabayBella at 1:52 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• To be considered a Jehovah Witness you must be baptized. Im not but hope to be this year. But they do conduct free bible studies in your home or at their place of worship (the kingdom hall) I have never met such nice people. They live the best they can by the bible. During a meeting like on Sunday they look up many scriptures so you know what your reading is true. They belive just in the bible they have no other books to follow. If you ask anyone of them a question they are more than happy to answer. Just go so you can see what i am talking about. Dont be shy if you realy want to learn more its the best thing to do.
    BabayBella

Answer by BabayBella at 1:57 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I was just really nervous about going and someone saying "Oh no you can't do this because you're not a member"
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:05 AM on Jan. 10, 2009