Does anyone know

how i can start my own daycare? Or if I even have to only watching 3 kids a day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• It depends on what State you are in. You need to call the Department of human services and find out what their requirements are.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 12:49 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Call your local social service agency. They usually are the ones who license care centers for each state. Some states, most do, have a thing where if you care for X amount of children you need to be licensed and if the number falls short of that you do not have to have a license. Personally, if I were going to do this I would get a license for reasons of liability, carry liability insurance, and charge accordingly to meet my expenses and making a profit. There is a reason why daycare is not cheap.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:08 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• You have local and state laws that create requirements, esp. if you consider yourself a business.
    There are also IRS rules to follow if you want to claim it as a business. I would do some intensive research starting with local and state laws, to see if caring for 3 children requires you to create a business. As far as the IRS and filing this on next years return, I would keep very detailed records. The IRS is scrutinizing small home businesses more than ever.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:48 PM on Jan. 10, 2009