Baby's Weight...

How much does/did your 7 month old weigh? My dd weighed at 16 lbs, 4 oz at her appointment on Nov. 4, when she was just barely under 5 months (born on the 10th). Today she only weighed 17 lbs 14 oz. I've read about how much weight she should be gaining, and I'm a little concerned. She has a doctor's appointment on Monday, I'm just looking to hear your opinions. Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well my first daughter was 15 pounds at 6 months and shes healthy so i think youre ok.
    stampmama

Answer by stampmama at 12:56 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• My son is 2 now and he is 24 lbs. He was always considered underweight. My doctor started making me think there was something wrong, so I had to take him for some testing and you know what, he is and was then perfectly healthy. He just has a very active metabolism. He eats a lot, and should be a little pudgy, but he's not. All babies gain weight at their own pace. As long as you think she is eating enough, and has a healthy diet then I wouldn't worry. Some babies are little fatties and other are tiny. That's why I hate the whole "according to the chart" thing.

teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 12:57 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Honestly, it is still a weight gain and I wouldn't be concerned. Bring it up at the doctors apt. My DD gained tons of weight for awhile after she was born, almost 2 lbs a month, then one month she only gained around12 oz but grew like 2 inches.. so it just depends on where there body decides to grow.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:26 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• She's still gaining..that's what they'll look for.

As long as she's still gaining and not taking a dramatic drop in percentiles, she's fine.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:43 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• my 6 month old weight is 18.4pounds but she is talk 30inches
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 8:36 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• My daughter's always been on the low end of the weight scale. As long as she seems healthy and she's gaining weight, it should be ok.
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 11:35 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I have a 7 month old and he weighs 19.2. He was weighed Thursday, jan 8, 2009. It seems like he gains a lb every month.
    sereneco

Answer by sereneco at 1:21 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• my 7 1/2 month old weighs 16lbs 8 oz but he started off very small at 4lbs 13 Oz, but i wouldn't be concerned as long as shes gaining weight and keeping food down.
    calvinsmommy18

Answer by calvinsmommy18 at 1:25 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• You should not worry about baby unless baby has any health problem. My daughter is 16 months now and she has always been low weight. Last time she went for a year check up, she weighted 17.11lbs and 32 inches. She was born small and till now less then 3% weight for her age yet her ped. said she is healthy and she acts normal sometimes too crazy. I think if your baby is very active then I would say probably baby will be always low weight %. Just make sure baby is healthy and try to balance baby's nuetrition as best as you can.
    sweetangel322

Answer by sweetangel322 at 1:57 PM on Jul. 19, 2009