Need help to talk to a mom that....

I need to find a way to talk to this mom that lives beside me... She doesnt take care of her kids at all, she leaves them in the same diaper all day long... they are 3 months and 1 1/2 years old... What should i do? I have tried to tell her she needs to change them every 2 or 3 hrs but she dont listen and she leaves nasty milk and formula bottles all over the house and they smell so bad.... Whats should i do?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• wow.... thats not sanitary at all! i honestly dont know how to go about talking to her but she needs to at least change the diapers!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:15 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• It sounds like neglect. Call DHS and they will investigate. You don't have to give them your name.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:15 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• find out what's going on. can she afford diapers? is she depressed (ppd?) try to connect with her as a person, but if it turns out she just doens't care, call cps on her. Use this as a last resort of course, but you may the only one who can help the kids and this mother.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Nothing. Even though what she is doing is not right its still none of your buisness. And I mean that in the most respected way, in no way am I trying to disrespect you! If you think the children are in a harmful home you need to call CPS and let them deal with it. Even if nothing comes from that maybe it will open the mothers eyes. I feel so bad when I hear about stories like this. No one can change the mom unless the mom is ready to change! This is just my opinion. Good Luck!!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 1:15 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Call the police or child services, it sounds harsh but so is life for her kids living like that.
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 1:16 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• You NEED to call child protective services!!!! that is all!
    Paty_hotmommy

Answer by Paty_hotmommy at 1:34 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• don't try to talk to her-just call child protection-those lil ones need your voice.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:01 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Well she would prolly know....that u called,

But i wouldnt give a hell if she knew or not, that is just horrid, is she slow in the head ???

I wouldnt tell her any thing else and i would call first thing in the morning,

seriously!!!

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 4:29 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• If she really does seem not to care and to not be able to sort them out I would call CPS on her. But if you do know her quite well and she is going through a tough time could you go round there and try and talk to her and help about it? I know it's alot of responsibility and that it's not your duty but maybe it could help if she's depressed or just going through a very rough time herself.
    HNK11

Answer by HNK11 at 6:52 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• If you alrd tried to get through to her, CALL CHILDRENS AID she doesn't deserve to have those kid's they are being abused they need to be taken out of her care!!!! ASAP!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Jan. 10, 2009