Breastfeeding and weight?

I was wondering if anyone else had trouble or is having trouble losing the baby weight becasue of nursing? I gain about 60lbs during pregnancy and lost 40 right after I came home. But I just gain 10 back. I'm always so hungry and can't ever seem to be full, it that from the nursing or is it just me? And if it's from nursing how the heck and im suppose to lose the weight then?

letlovegrow

Asked by letlovegrow at 1:13 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• usually when BF u lose weight faster.... u might wanna talk to ur doc becasue it might be something else but also it could still be hormones
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• some ladies lose weight faster but some find that they cant lose the weight until the stop breast feeding because your body tries to hang on to all the fat that it can while you're breast feeding.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:16 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Oh great so i could be fat for the next year LOL
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 1:18 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I lost 45 of my 50 pounds and only wanted to lose 40. I went through a month where I had the appetite that was missing my entire pregnancy, wow! I ate like a total pig! It went away though. Now I'm back to having NO appetite whatsoever. I think things tend to flucuate for a lot of people during the first year, especially when breastfeeding.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:26 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• The reason you might be hungry all the time can also be from lack of sleep? I know when I dont sleep I feel hungry all day the next day.
    Paty_hotmommy

Answer by Paty_hotmommy at 1:33 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• nope i get lots of sleep,my munchkins a good sleeper.
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 1:45 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I nursed for 21 months and didn't lose weight, or gain. It's about what you eat too. Breastfeeding isn't the perfect weight loss plan hehe. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 3:12 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Some moms lose, some gain. Some do just what you did.

I lost all the weight by six weeks, regained it all within a couple of months. Pounds shed too fast have a habit of coming back.

Nine months on, minimum nine months off.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:31 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Hard to say. I know people *usually* lose weight faster, but you also eat alot still b/c of making hte breastmilk. So it is probably due to breastfeeding and maybe a slight change in your metabolism due to the pregnancy/hormones
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Maybe drink more water instead of eating. Just drink, drink, drink. I lost all my weight and gained 15lbs after he weaned at almost 2 years old. gggrrr.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 8:33 AM on Jan. 10, 2009