i need some help

okay, i had a baby like 10 months ago, and after the baby was born i never got my period before i got prego again, but me and my SO only had sex twice in that time and i know when we did it was in the same day, and with the time that we had sex i should have been due around dec. 28, but my doctor is saying that im not due till feb. 1 and i know that it can take some time to get prego. but would it take over a month. i didnt get my oultrasound done till i was about 30 weeks cause of insurance reasons, so could the doctor be wrong or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they are human so yes they can be wrong,but they use u/s to measure size and match that against your dates.I think that is a huge difference for him to be wrong.I mean a week or 2 is one thing but over a month? I think you maybe have it wrong?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Are you sure you counted that right? Being due Dec. 28 would have put you getting pregnant about a month after your first one was born? Wow, i couldn't even think about sex that early. Yeah, its possible that the dr. is wrong but with ultrasounds as advanced as they are its pretty unlikely that hes off by more than a month.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• not one month wrong... unless baby is measuring 3 weeks behind
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:40 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• The doctor is either wrong or you counted wrong (and we can all understand if you did since the first year of having a baby is so crazy! lol)
    You should ask your doctor for another ultrasound.
    Paty_hotmommy

Answer by Paty_hotmommy at 1:45 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Actually, if you did not get an ultrasound until you were 30 weeks pregnant (did I read that right?) there is a higher chance of the doctor being wrong. Why? Because the earlier ultrasounds are more accurate because genetics start to play a role in development where as if you got one at 7 weeks, your EDD would be more accurate.

My best bet for you is let your body go into labor naturally. If it's before feb. 1st then so be it :) I wouldn't worry too much about it at all.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:31 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Is there a particular timing issue? I have not personally experienced this, because my husband would never do this to me, but I have heard other moms comment that they found their husbands having sex with them as they were sleeping. My point is that it is possible that you had sex without being aware. Is there is a situation that you are trying to pinpoint the date of conception, or (forgive me) the right father? I can't understand the whole 30 weeks thing, either. Most u/s are done at 16-18 weeks to make sure that the baby is developing correctly. There are some questionable things in this post, and it make it hard to answer. Good luck. Either way, you will have a baby and it appears that it will be a healthy one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jan. 10, 2009