girls gone wild ads

I don't know if it's like this everywhere, but where I live there is no advertising venue for porn. You just don't see ads for playboy or whatever. So why does girls gone wild get to advertise? seriously, those commercials irritate me, even the stupid little stars they shop into the scene, they just bug me. Especially when the stars bounce around because the girl is jumping or whatever lol. I'm pretty sure their customers are loyal enough that they do not need to run ads to keep them hooked. Oh well, maybe since ggw has asked for a bailout, they'll cut advertising costs. yippee no more excitedly screaming naked drunk girls invading my tv.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Professional porn stars are just that...professionals. They are doing a job and getting paid (very well, I might add) to do that job. These ggw girls are just doing it for attention. They don't see any of that money and porn is fantasy...ggw is just stupid, awkward, inexperienced drunk girls trying to look sexy. They just look sad. My dh and I watch porn as well. We hate ggw...it's the same thing over and over...drunk girl takes her top off and makes out with her best friend and giggles. Porn is all fantasy-based so you have props and a 'story' or kink or specialty to get into and enjoy.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 10:53 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• i feel the same way about them..its like wtf i dont want to see that shit. so i change the channel
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 2:07 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I don't know what it is about them...I am an avid supporter of porn, I encourage my hubs to look at it with me (or even without me, I think it's a good supplement to a healthy sexual relationship), but I f'ing hate the ggw commercials. I have no idea why, but the music, the announcer's voice, the girls, the stars, the grainy images... I don't know, it just irritates the shit out of me.
    Karinza

Answer by Karinza at 2:22 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Hell me too Karinza. I love to watch porn with my hubby too but I HATE GGW!!!! I don't know it seems like a bunch of silly "woooo girls" I dunno if it is the music or because they are on everyother commercial. They make me ill.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:07 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I agree with you guys. DH and I enjoy porn together, for a little spice (whee!) but something about GGW....is a huge turn of. I am not quite sure what it is. It could be the fact that some of these girls won't even remember that they did it, because they were so drunk. Or the fact that its done by a couple of idiots, with bad music and the most annoying voice over. And they way OVER advertise. I've heard the horror stories. Dateline (or a show like it, can't recall the title) did intervies of girls who had done it. One girl didn't regret it till the day her dad called (hugely embarassed) and yelled at her for an hour. He had bought the tape, and despite the embarassment he felt, decided it was best to pretty much give her hell about it.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 3:15 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Oh and just realized the way I typed it sounded like he bought the tape knowing she was on it, LOL. No it was pure accident LOL
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 3:16 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• they are horrible num 1 irs porn 2 its gross
    married-in-06

Answer by married-in-06 at 3:28 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• is your love life really that sad where you need porn to turn you both on ? LOL ggw is porn, porn is porn. no difference.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• hey now, no need to judge :-) It brings some couples closer together & could be considered a training video ;) I don't like it myself, but clearly they do
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Jan. 10, 2009