If u have "unprotected" oral sex, and on Birth Control, what is the point of condoms?

OK be realistic. No one uses protection during oral sex. OK I can't say nobody, but it is really uncommon.

So if you can get STDs from oral sex, would there be a point in wearing condoms with the person you just had oral with? (If pregnancy is not a possibility). Would it protect you from things you couldn't get orally?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Health

• ummmm YES! I for one have no desire to get big open pus filled sores on my face.By the way oral herpes can be transmitted to genitals so use a condom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• probably not because you could still contract a lot of STD from oral sex.. .including HIV.

I think it all comes down to common sense (which I know is not that common).
    Paty_hotmommy

Answer by Paty_hotmommy at 1:59 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• If you are using condoms to prevent STDs (which I never did) you SHOULD be using them for oral sex. That's why they have flavored ones! Also the pill (or other chemical BC) not a 100% that you won't get pregnant... I did... twice!

My question is why are you having sex with a person that you think could have STDs? And if you or they don't know why whould you risk it??

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:32 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I'm with here ^^ why would you be putting your mouth on someone who could have an STD.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• OK so to the people who say "why have sex with someone you think would have an STD..." Why even have condoms, then? Jesus, even married, faithful ppl have STDs.
    Kersten

Answer by Kersten at 10:27 PM on Apr. 1, 2009