14 month old and Chapstick

Can a 14 month old use regular chap stick or carmex for dry lips or is there something special a child has to use?

SparklingHope

Asked by SparklingHope at 2:10 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I usually just rub on a very small dab of vaseline with my finger or a qtip - there's not much difference, and vaseline doesn't have any flavor so they're not going to try to lick it all off, like some chapsticks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I dont think its bad...I always just use lotion to be on the safe side and that works for me
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:30 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• i dont think so my little cousin use to steal mine and pretty much eat it bc he put so much on lol
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 2:31 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• If they are just dry I would use just non-medicated chapsticks (not carmex) But if she is chapped around her mouth you should be able to use it.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:14 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I think it's fine as long as they don't eat it. My daughter is 22 months and you still can't put it on her without her trying to take a bite of it!
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 10:43 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• My MIL does the vaseline thing for him--and his chapped cheeks, poor guy, gets that from his momma!
    cass_pick

Answer by cass_pick at 11:26 AM on Jan. 10, 2009