How so you quit smoking? Anyone got and ideas?

Asked by metalmomma25 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Health

• You have to want to, ask yourself why you want to and focus on that, i told myself the only way i would quit is if i got pregnant, after 17 years of heavy smoking I havent had one since i found out i was pregnant and my son is now 5 mo. (you have to really want to quit as it is so tempting to start back up, exp if you are around smokers.) good luck

Answer by georgesmommy31 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• go to

Answer by KarenMM at 3:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I used that new ex program. It actually works really well!

Answer by kscwrcsmom at 3:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I took a hospital based program called smoke stoppers. I have been free for over 15 years. good luck it is worth the effort.

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 4:57 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• When I told my husband (then friend) that I had a crush on him, he told me he'd date me if I stopped smoking. 16 years later....

Answer by Brenna at 10:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I checked this question because I too smoke and want to quit...I'm going to ask my dr for that prescription Chantex...I've heard lots of good things about that! I think you have to really have your mind set on it for anything to work, you have to really WANT to quit.

Answer by robinann5 at 11:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2008