Should I stop birth control??

DH and I are planning to have number two. He is joining the military and we want to be pregnant by the time he leaves. He wants me to stop birth control the week before we leave...WHO GETS PREGNANT IN A WEEK??? We will be lleaving in less than two monhs, so I told him we should start trying now!! I know that it takes time to concieve, but he thinks it will just happen...Should I just stop now and not tell him since we will probably get prego right before we leave if we get prego at all before he leaves???

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 2:27 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• huh?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• What birth control are you on? If it's anything hormonal, even going off now doesn't mean you'll be pregnant when he leaves. It takes time for your body to readjust.

That said, stop taking it TONIGHT and TELL HIM. It may be that he actually doesn't want you to be pregnant right now. Give that some thought.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:18 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Whether you stop or not, I wouldn't do it without talking to him about it first, or do it without it being a joint decision. Yes, it's your body, but your sex life and any children that come from it are BOTH of yours, and it should be a joint choice.

I think if you do it without his knowledge, then even if having a second baby is something you both wanted to do, he's going to be hurt and feel betrayed and like you tricked him. It can cause some serious trust issues, and that's NOT a can of worms you want to open with him leaving for the military. (NOT that you can't be trusted, but you would be surprised at the kinds of things they start thinking about when they're gone...) Trust me on this, I've been Active Duty military (single), dual military, then a Navy wife all combined, for 18 1/2 yrs now.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:43 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• If your intention is to get pregnant, and you are both in agreement, then you need to stop birth control now. You can't get pregnant while using birth control, and it may take alittle time to get out of your system. I wonder why he wants you to wait to stop? Either he doesn't understand the way a womans body works or is reluctant to do this right now. Good luck to you.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 7:48 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• If you're both trying, then I don't know why he wants you to stay on it. You should stop immediately if you are really both wanting another baby! But make sure he understands you are off. There's no point in continuing to take it if you are trying, even if you aren't ovulating yet you should just stop taking it! Make sure your husband understands that!
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 11:54 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I stopped mine on Oct. 22nd and I got pregnant the middle of November. It was pretty fast. It all depends o your body
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 1:16 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Um, I don't know if I would be dishonest with him about stopping your BC. If you do get pg right away is he gonna be upset?
    Personally, I'd tell my DH that I'm stopping and go from there.
    Maybe you can encourage him to go on the web and educate himself on woman's cycle so he knows how things work.
    lookingahead

Answer by lookingahead at 2:59 PM on Jan. 10, 2009