could someone explain what a virtual assistant is?

I read up on some sites that are hiring for virtual assistants WAH oppurtunity. I just dont understand it, how does it work and do you have to pay a fee to get started? please explain?!!!

fairybrokenwing

Asked by fairybrokenwing at 2:15 AM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Money & Work

• hmm really coul u message me the sites that r hiring? thanks!! hmm i would jusr google it
    glenhotpink

Answer by glenhotpink at 2:21 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• If your paying a fee they are fake. Don't do it. I sent in my money to one of those stupid things and they took it..and that's as far as it went.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 2:41 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Web definitions for Virtual Assistant

A Virtual Assistant is a temporary worker who works for businesses over the internet. The employer may be at a great distance from the assistant. ...
    www.cybercitymommies.com/Glossary.html 
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:47 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• A Virtual Assistant (VA) is, in most cases, an entrepreneur who works from their home office. A virtual assistant usually has had experience working in the real business world as an administrative assistant, office manager, paralegal, etc. Virtual assistants provide administrative, secretarial, and clerical support, as well as creative and/or technical services for a client.
    ashkyef3

Answer by ashkyef3 at 3:34 AM on Jul. 17, 2008